• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[O/C]Touring the AMD 890FX Chipset and Athlon II 640 CPU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Touring the AMD 890FX Chipset and Athlon II 640 CPU
by Jeremy Vaughan (hokiealumnus)

This article is a quick precursor for our upcoming review of the ASUS Crosshair IV Formula, which houses AMD’s newest chipset, consisting of the 890FX northbridge and SB850 southbridge. The CPU used in that review will be AMD’s recently released Athlon II 640, so we’ll have a look at that too.

... Return to the article to continue reading.

Discuss this article below. If you are interested in contributing to the front page (www.overclockers.com), please feel free to contact splat, mdcomp, or hokiealumnus. For the latest updates, follow Overclockers.com on Twitter (@Overclockerscom).

Thanks! Do you mean a photo of the chip itself? I have one in the Crosshair IV Formula review. :)

Pushing like heck to get it out tomorrow, but Monday is looking more and more likely. We'll see!

That too! But, no, I've had trouble finding the block diagram for the 890FX instead of the GX. Maybe I just haven't been looking in the right places ... :shrug:

You very well may have, I couldn't find it and asked AMD for one. Thankfully they obliged. :D

Back