• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

**Official** Team Monkey Challenge Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
hate to tell yall this but so far the SM have 18903 points and the FM have 13206 so we are behind big time

Here's the two screenshots from the starting points. I would have had them up earlier but I needed to get them hosted on something better than my free geocities place. Thanks to MaxPC for kindly hosting them.

MPCMonkeyScreenshot05050612pm.png

EOCMonkeysScreenshot05050612pm.png

KingFish said:
Here's the two screenshots from the starting points. I would have had them up earlier but I needed to get them hosted on something better than my free geocities place. Thanks to MaxPC for kindly hosting them.

MPCMonkeyScreenshot05050612pm.png

EOCMonkeysScreenshot05050612pm.png
cool, thanks for posting them up.

FOLD on Monkeys! Looks like a great race :D

:clap: :clap: :clap: <---- my poor attempt at a cheering section :eek:

And kudo's to kingfish :thup:

ok guys so far we are doing good today but we still need yall to
images1sv.jpg

casue the babes are watching and like us
untitled5of.jpg

even tho we are at war with the spider monkeys
untitled12my.jpg

Rpkole said:
ok guys so far we are doing good today but we still need yall to
images1sv.jpg

casue the babes are watching and like us
untitled5of.jpg

even tho we are at war with the spider monkeys
untitled12my.jpg
ahhahahha! :D

staypuff said:
yeah we noticed you had to go abroad for some help.....
apparently we have gone abroad for help?

I don't think they know what they are talking about! Once a folding_monkey always a folding_monkey!!!

Lets show these chimps who's boss!!! :attn:

on another note, I'm hungry! :D
oh, and on another one...MAC friggin' GUYVER is done downloading!!!! :attn: :attn: 40.5 friggin' gigs of mac Guyver!! every friggin' season! I'm so happy i could cry :cry:
Mac Guyver = the story of my life lol.
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=335010
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=335606
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=349141

:shrug:

Last edited:
I'm thinking about running out and grabbing another celery 346 real quick.
$60 for one bundled with some crap biostar board. Should fold fine though :p
I'll pick up some cheap ram and just run it diskless.

*Edit: I went ahead and bought two, should be up and folding in a few hours :p

Last edited:
ghettocomp said:
already released four units, and have a 400+ something on the way. DUCK!! :p

This doesn't sound good, the rules state no WUs can be withheld from before or during the contest. Download it, fold it, send it in. Any deviation from this process will result in autromatic loss by your team. Failure to follow the rules can result in automatic loss by your team and possiblity of punishment by Stanford, possibly zeroing out the folding_monkeys entire score!

Remember that there are several sources watching and not all are known by both teams so if you feel that you need to illegal add to the teams point, get ready for the consequences.

Have a nice Day! :D

edit: hopefully you are saying 400 points not 400 Work Units, (otherwise you just admitted to cheating and breaking the rules and would hate for this to be the case). Please before posting comments like this clarify what you mean "units" to avoid confusion.
Units? Workunits? Folding units aka boxes aka computers? very hard to tell exactly what you mean and especially during a contest.

Last edited:
Screwballl said:
This doesn't sound good, the rules state no WUs can be withheld from before or during the contest. Download it, fold it, send it in. Any deviation from this process will result in autromatic loss by your team. Failure to follow the rules can result in automatic loss by your team and possiblity of punishment by Stanford, possibly zeroing out the folding_monkeys entire score!

Remember that there are several sources watching and not all are known by both teams so if you feel that you need to illegal add to the teams point, get ready for the consequences.

Have a nice Day! :D

Uhhhh, am I the only one who thinks 'ol Screwball's ladder might not go all the way to the top?

I read that ghettocomp had sent in 4 wu's and had another 400+ pointer ready to send in. I did not read that he had 400+ wu's that he was holding back and were ready to send in. Maybe that was in the fine print....

This is exactly how misunderstandings get started, please investigate and ask questions before jumping to conclusions and possibly ending up with egg on your face.

Lodis4 said:
Uhhhh, am I the only one who thinks 'ol Screwball's ladder might not go all the way to the top?

I read that ghettocomp had sent in 4 wu's and had another 400+ pointer ready to send in. I did not read that he had 400+ wu's that he was holding back and were ready to send in. Maybe that was in the fine print....

This is exactly how misunderstandings get started, please investigate and ask questions before jumping to conclusions and possibly ending up with egg on your face.

If ghetto has 400 WU's he's holding back on t32 ... well we would have some fun (if you are into that kinda thing :D)
... but i think you are right lodis ... 400 ptr sounds more like it.
... unless of course somebody's oc goes nuts and we get 400 EUE's ... but that would not be what we want ....

... would be nice if we had a way to track EUE's by user .... then we could add that to the Rules! some penalty for each EUE in the race .... would make things much more consistent with the overall goal here ... to improve our useful folding capacity :)

Now, another question i have to all ... are there gorilla's on the teams ... or just monkeys? :shrug:

... and how does one differentiate a monkey ... from a chimp ... from a gorilla? :p

Last edited:
staypuff said:
yeah we noticed you had to go abroad for some help.....

so far evey one that i have seen folding for the monkeys was in the last race so i dont know where you got that info from and we still have a few guys that were in the last race which have not jumped in yet :D

yall will be proud of me i jsut droped off 100 WU's to be folded at office depo and they will be done in 7 to 10 days :D

Back