• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Official YATTA (Slow CPU) Team Re-recruiting thread! (Revival of the YATTA TEAM)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Just added a dell xpsr400 pII400 doing tinkers. Im in the process of trying to modify a slocket to allow a tualatin celeron 1000 to work in it. then ill fold big packets with it if i can find an OS to run on it. I have win98, but it isnt compatible with the v5 client running big packets. This cpu will net 135ppd on p147x wu's. I may break down and try to figure out overclockix. I also have another xpsr400 that i need to find a small hd for. I have a total of 4 pII 400 processors, and im looking on ebay to find a cheap dual board for 2 of them.

Thanks to everyone who has joined on recently!
You guys are really helping the yatta team!!!

You guys rock.... yatta style.

Kinjokids movie is odd, i think he joined the forums just to post the link to his movie.
Weird.

In the next 24 hours ill be dumping 2 large tinkers. Everyone who is folding under YATTA should list what they have, so we can get an idea of the kind of power we have. It will take a lot of us to be able to compete. I think I figured out that I can only produce a max of about 200ppd total from all my rigs until i get my 1000 tualatin up and running. We must make yatta competitive. Im tired of hearing that these slow cpus are worthless for folding. Let's get some numbers up!

dwschoon does that mean you are castrating the tualatin?

You don't have to you know! I was just joking!
But if your positive for more power for team yatta! then go for it...

I've about 5 large tinkers here...

No im not doint that to the tualatin. Im trying to get my 1.0 tualatin working with the dell xpsr. I also just won a dually slot on board on ebay. Im hoping to get 2 of these pII 400 to run 533 on it.

TollhouseFrank said:
that's cool of you man. When i borg the radio station in a couple of weeks... I may add one to Yatta to help them out.

Hey TollhouseFrank what CPU's do you have there??? remember the limit is now 1GHz!! :D

My current YATTA cpu list
Celeron 733@900
Celeron 667
Celeron 450
PII 400
k6-2 500
pentium 233mmx x 4

Trying to get a 1.0A celeron tualatin to work on a dell xpsr400 via slocket. If i can get it to work in either the dell or my be6-II ill be set. The BE6-II currently has a powerleap pl-ip3/t in it with a tualatin 1300@1625. Once i get this other slocket working in one of the boards, the powerleap will go into the other. Im also putting a dual pII 400 setup that will also fold tinkers for yatta using this board i just won.

Pentium 3 Dual 600Mhz - What should i run here? To give team yatta max power? Timeless tinkers, or just run no flags and say not to big packets?

Pentium 2 291Mhz - Timeless tinkers for sure.

Last edited:
currently installing 98 on the celeron 533mhz, should have it up, at latest, tommorow.

someone buy my k6/2, heatsink, and mobo off me in the classfides, and get it folding for yatta!! only 20bux

Back