• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Outlook 2016 search problem.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

torin3

Outlook 2016, on Windows 7.

Lots of sub-folders in the Inbox. About 40.

1 of them about 4-5 days ago, search no longer worked for that sub-folder. Working for all the other sub-folders still.

Ran scanpst.exe, and it found and fixed an error. Still nothing showing up when searching in this sub-folder.

Rebuild search indexes, no joy.

Created a new sub-folder and moved the last 2 weeks of email from the non-working sub-folder into it. In neither the old or the new sub-folders is search working.

I'm running out of ideas. Any suggestions?

aTdHvAaNnKcSe

I would copy the pst file to keep it safe. Then delete the profile. Then create a new profile and import your pst.

Outlook 2016, on Windows 7.

Lots of sub-folders in the Inbox. About 40.

1 of them about 4-5 days ago, search no longer worked for that sub-folder. Working for all the other sub-folders still.

Ran scanpst.exe, and it found and fixed an error. Still nothing showing up when searching in this sub-folder.

Rebuild search indexes, no joy.

Created a new sub-folder and moved the last 2 weeks of email from the non-working sub-folder into it. In neither the old or the new sub-folders is search working.

I'm running out of ideas. Any suggestions?

aTdHvAaNnKcSe

Have you tried this:

Click on File, then Options. Click Search on the left hand side.

Now click on the button that says Indexing Options.

Click the button that says Advanced.

Within the tab that says “Index Settings” click on the button that says “Rebuild”

Have you tried this:

Click on File, then Options. Click Search on the left hand side.

Now click on the button that says Indexing Options.

Click the button that says Advanced.

Within the tab that says “Index Settings” click on the button that says “Rebuild”

Yes I did, and it didn't work. Don's suggestion did work. Sorry I didn't follow back up with confirmation.

Don's suggestion is usually what I do when a profile is borked up somehow, but it just hadn't felt like it had gotten that bad, which is why I didn't try it sooner.

Back