• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclock AMD Phenom X6 1090T

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Stefano87

Registered
Good morning guys
Excuse me if I'm wrong section, I open this topic to also do a cleaner job and to give way to those who want to help me not to have too much difficulty in understanding

I overclocked a bit my Phenom X6 1090T, following the guidance here in section, and in the end what came out is this:

Below post more photos of the programs used for overclocking in the various STEP

The situation now seems to be stable is the one on the last picture (x20) , even if the test failed, I do not find particular instability

Now we come to the 10 questions that come to mind to proceed with other tests :

1 . Fail the test at 2run , severe? or does not mean that much?

2 . Now I am at a dead end, what's the next move?

3 . The tension of the memories you may call MEMORY OVER VOLTAGE ? If so, how much should be set ? What range do I have?

4 . What is VDDBN OVER VOLTAGE ?

5 . What is the LOAD LINE CALIBRATION ? I have seen that by changing the percentages vary : 0% , 3.225 % ....

6 . What HT OVER VOLTAGE ? How should I set? With that range ?

7 . Since the temperatures seem to allow it (MAX 55 ° C) I should give a higher Vcore to 1.55 V ?

8 . I have to try to work or leave it at 200MHz FSB ? If so, how do I proceed ?

9 . HT LINK SPEED and CPU / NB FREQ let them always 2000MHz according to the guide or to be modified ?

10 . The RAM memory timings as they imposed ? I have to force them to BIOs ?

Sorry for my English and my hardware configuration is this:

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T + CoolerMaster Hyper 412S
Mainboard: ASUS M5A78L LE
RAM: Corsair 8Gb 1600Mhz VEGANCE
Hard Disk: Western Digital 500Gb
Video Card: ATI HD6850 1GB Twin Froz
Monitor: Philips Brilliance 22 "
Power Supply: Cooler Master 750W BRONZE
Operating System: Windows 7 64bit
Case: Cooler Master 370

I apologize for the invasion of questions / curiosity and thank you in advance anyone who wants to contribute to help me in this adventure

thanks for the first help blaylock :)

The C1E is just disable, but i must necessary disable the cool & quiet? because i want that my pc working also at low freq.

Its recommended to disable during overclocking because it can cause instability. Once you find you stable overclock you may be able to re-enable it. But for now yes disable it.

Stefano87, welcome,
but i must necessary disable the cool & quiet? because i want that my pc working also at low freq.
No you don't have to, but to find a stable overclock it just eliminates another variable that could cause instability. You can turn it back on when you find your stable OC.

Now from reading your first post, it seems as if you're just plugging in numbers from a table that someone else set up, am I correct?

If that is the case, while it isn't terribly wrong, it is just that every setup/cpu is different. You Cpu may take more or less voltage to obtain X Mhz. Your motherboard may also supply the voltage to the chip differently then the one in the table. Therefore I suggest you do read the guide that Blaylock posted above, it is arguably the best guide for overclocking Phenom II's. As far as stability goes, I find that Intel burn test isn't the best indicator of stability. I use Prime 95 Blend Torture test. If my Pc's pass 2 hours of Prime I never crash doing real work on them.

ah ok.. maybe i failure the intel burn test for this :(

When i'll arrive at home this evening, i try to lunch the intel burn test at 4000mhz without the cool & quiet :) but i'm very pessimistic about this

surely I have not explained well in the first post :)

The first table is based on my test, made ​​with my personal knowledge and picked up a bit on the web.

I have not touched the voltages and timings of ram I would not know where to put their hands: P

I am currently using a configuration @ 4Ghz with 1.5V Vcore as indicated by * in the first table

I think I may need a helping hand especially, because I speak very little English and driving is bit complicated for my knowledge: (

Anyway thank you very much to all for the support given

Welcome to OCF Stefano87
What Mandrake was saying is that Intel Burn test isn't the best stability test for the Phenom CPU.
When you get home we would like for you to post pics of CPU-z main,spd and memory tabs. Also if you can download HWmonitor (free version) it will give us more info thatn sppedfan such as voltages and socket temps. Also download Prime95 and run the blend torture test ( this is our preferred test for stability) do this with hwmonitor open on the desktop. If you can get a screen shot before it crashes we would like to see that as well. We need to see how hot it gets. If you can't do it at your settings then revert back to default and try it again. You'll probably need to start over again anyway and use a good technique to achieve a good OC.
You can attach the images directly to your post. No need for hosting the image. If you look below the reply box and select GO ADVANCED it will bring you to another reply box with more options like this

Cappic.JPG

Click on the paperclip and this box will appear where you can browse your comp and select pics to upload.

Cappic2.JPG

After you have uploaded your pics close the dialouge box and then select the paperclip again. You will see the names of the pics you uploaded just select one and it will insert it into you post,

Perfect guys, as soon as I get home I try to do all the tests requested by you .. but .. but ... there is a problem.

I can not use HWMonitor (I know, the better) because I do not detect the temperature of the processor, it displays 0 ° C - 32F on all cores.

The same problem also coretemp from me, the only one that seems to work is speedfan.

As soon as I get home I try after disabling the cool & quiet :) P) launch a test and you post a screen while the CPU is at 100%, because my screen actually had to test finished: (

For CPU temp not displaying, in BIOS make sure "Unlock Cores"is set to [disable]. This CPU has no extra cores to unlock and enabling it can disable temperature sensors. I had the same issue.

I post 2 screen before and after the test

I do not understand why I get stuck on the 2nd run.. Now the cool & quiet is disattivavo, I do not know .. I have to change the voltage of the memories? fix the timing?

We accept advice

Attachments

• before.jpg
    before.jpg
    299.5 KB · Views: 411
  • after.jpg
    after.jpg
    320.9 KB · Views: 408
Your processor may not be able to do 4.0 or your motherboard doesn't have the ability to run a Six core chip at that mhz, are both possibilities. This information would be helpful also.

OK, Stefano no problem. I was doubtful it would pass the first try. We normally see more success when we Overclock one step at a time, if you get my meaning.

Let's drop your multiplier back down to 16.5. You will be at 3.3Ghz or just above stock. Also, set your CPU vCore to 1.3v so that we can find a stable place to start.

Note: I'm doubtful you will be able to reach 4.0Ghz on that motherboard. The Asus M5A78L LE only has a 3+1 Power Phase with no VRM heatsinks. Please watch your temps very carefully and also watch for voltage spikes as you get closer to 1.5v's. However, we will see what we can achieve.

blaylock ok :)
you ask me to start again from scratch, I'm sorry if I ask you why. not be used to try to raise the voltage of the ram, for example? at the end of the temperature with 1.55V Vcore did not seem so bad, since I can be anything up to 62 ° C with my processor.

If you can look at signing ustile in the first table in the first post. with the multiplier to X18 (3600MHz) I had passed the test with IBT 3Run to default Vcore, but no matter you are the boss here :)

I do as you say .. you want me to put the multiplier to x16.5 and make a test with IBT maximum stress to run 3 times? and place the data in HWMonitor?

Thank you very much

Stefano, what I would do is this. Set it back to the settings that passed @ 3.8 then run Prime 95 Blend for 2 hours with Hwmonitor open. If it passes and the temps on the Cpu stay below 70 and the cores/package 62c post the Screen shot here so we can look at it. I find it easier to pass IBT then to pass Prime 95. I also find if I can pass 2 hours Prime Blend I don't have any issues with my pc as far as instability.

If it passes I would then raise the multiplier to 18.5 and run Prime again, if it fails then add Cpu V until it passes or until the temps get above 70c and 62c.

ok then, I would ask 2 things. HWMonitor on the temperatures that I have to keep an eye on are 2 right? TMPIN0 or TMPIN1? and temperatures core # 0, # 1 core, etc. ... must not exceed 62 ° C?

So now the septum x18 multiplier with default vcore and launch "prime for 2 hours and do a screen about halfway through the test?
I will take a bit of time available, so I assume that we speak tomorrow evening :(

I used IBT because they could do the same thing as the prime, but using less time and was more comfortable

Sorry if I press this thing, but the voltage and timings of the ram (now I'm on auto) do not have to touch it?

Thank you all

P.S. of prime95 I download the regular version or the one for 64bit?

I use a S.O. 64bit

Sorry, I didn't see that it was stable@ 3.8. Yes run it there as mandrake suggested for a 2 hour test. I would leave your ram at stock or even slightly under stock until we find your maximum stable CPU frequency.

Also when you post back please show screen shots of HW Monitor, CPU-Z tabs(CPU, SPD, & Memory) so that we can see how everything is performing under stress.

Back