• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclock AMD Phenom X6 1090T

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
HWMonitor of the screen and cpu-z you need during the test or after the end?
Hwmonitor after the test has run, so we can see what the system did under load. Cpu-Z tabs Cpu, Spd and memory it doesn't matter as long as they are the settings you're currently running.

I finished my test lasting 2 hours

Here below shows the screen you require?
What I go on? only increase the multiplier of 0.5 or 1? what do you think? :grouphug:

Attachments

• test x18.jpg
    test x18.jpg
    308.6 KB · Views: 60
  • prime x18.jpg
    prime x18.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 57
HWMonitor shows you should have enough Vcore to continue to clock upward without worrying about low Vcore until you reach 4.0Ghz at least.

Raise multiplier 0.5 and test for 20 mins. Post the capture of the running HWMonitor so we can still track the temps and voltages. Rinse and repeat by 0.5 until fail somewhere or around 4.0Ghz most likely. Watch temps to see that Package does not exceed ~55C and that CPU Temp does not go much beyond 62C as you are increasing speed of cpu.
RGone...ster.

no boys .. with x18.5 multiplier and Vcore auto after about 5/10 minutes there was a BSOD screen

I have to do now?

Last edited:
At this point I would take the Cpu V off Auto and set it manually, under load you're getting to 1.356 so I'd set it to 1.35xx and try for 18.5. If it fails add a notch of Cpu V, continue to do this until it passes or you hit the temps above. I would also set your TRC in your memory manually. If you look at the "Spd" tab in cpu z under XMP-1600 profile next to TRC it says 41, that is what it is recommended to be set at, yours is set to 34, see the "memory" tab. It just will eliminate one more cause of possible instability.

Well you can run it for 20 minutes to establish tentative stability, at some point you will need to run it for two hours again, when you find a happy medium between Mhz/Cpu V/heat

no boys .. with x18.5 multiplier and Vcore auto after about 5/10 minutes there was a BSOD screen

I have to do now?

NOW you are into some serious trial and error, troubleshooting.
1. Since you know there is a BSOD at 5 to 10 mins into 18.5x200 then take a capture of HWMonitor at 3 mins so we can see where the Vcore and temps are before the BSOD. Need to see if Vcore is still up above 1.5V and that temps did not jump up.

2. I looked at the screen capture in post above and temps were okay. Vcore plenty high as I said earlier. CPU_NB and HT not out of range. DDR3-1600Mhz and good timings at 2T.

3. So if all is seeming good as in #2 above and you move 100Mhz from 3.6Ghz to 3.7Ghz and P95 Blend fails...what the heck.

4. My very first thought is that >> MOBO:ASUS M5A78L LE << does not have a hefty enough VRM circuit to supply the 6 cores beyond a certain speed. OR you have a very poor cpu.

5. If the rig were sitting on my computer desk, I would be testing with a ram speed of DDR3-1333 as a test to see if it happens to be a poor IMC in the cpu.

I would be manually setting the Vcore as high or higher than the Vcore is set by AUTO. Just to see if a manual setting has any positive effect.

I would try raising FSB/HT Ref Freq to 205 from 200 with the Multiplier at 18 and see if I can get some more Mhz without P95 failure.

If none of the additional tests will allow cpu speed above 3.6Ghz, then my realization would likely be that the cpu or mobo is the issue, because we have run out or nearly out of anything else to check.
RGone...

ok now I launch prime95,

I manually set the CPU Voltage to 1.356 V and see how it goes.

I checked the TRC but in the bios is set to 34 .. I do not know why CPU-Z says 41: (

I checked the TRC but in the bios is set to 34 .. I do not know why CPU-Z says 41: (
Sorry if I was confusing, the XMP-1600 profile is where the manufacturer recommends the ram be set at. You have it set at 34 in the BIOS it should be set at 41.

Also with v core set manually at 1.356v after two minuts there is a BSOD..now i try to change the voltage in 1.375 and change the freq. Memory in 1333mhz...when in the bios the tRC timing must be 41 not 34?

Now that you're BSOD during prime you need to add Cpu V is 1.375 the next notch up on your board? If so that's fine just watch your temps.
I outlined where you would change the Trc to 41.
Capture.PNG

Ok guys tested with multiplier x18.5 setting the Vcore to 1.375V and frequency of 1333mhz memories as recommended above

the test for 20 minutes had no problems and the temperatures are acceptable to me right?

the next step? only increase the multiplier of x0.5? going to x19?

thanks Mandrake now I go to setup the correct tRC timing ;)

Attachments

• prime95.jpg
    prime95.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 48
  • x18.5 - RAM 1333mhz - Vcore 1.375V.jpg
    x18.5 - RAM 1333mhz - Vcore 1.375V.jpg
    364.2 KB · Views: 50
I just tried it for my curiosity to set the multiplier to x19 with:
CPU vcore 1.375V
frequency 1333mhz memory

After perhaps a minute prime95 crashes with BSOD: (

Now? I can try with 1.4V Vcore? edit or something else?

Thank you all

frequency 1333mhz memory
if you leave the memory at 1333 then you can leave the Trc where it is.

the test for 20 minutes had no problems and the temperatures are acceptable to me right?
yes the temps look good so far, you still have about 7c on the cpu and 10c on the cores, headroom.

Yes if you're going to try 19 then do the same, run prime if it crashes add cpu V and watch the temps.

Lookin good stephano.
EDIT: Didn't see the RAM freq change Yes set tRC to 41 as Mandrake suggested.
Yes set vCore to 1.4v _ This is where you'll start to see higher temps and possible voltage fluctuations.

Now I try to x19 multiplier and 1.4v vcore with prime95 for 20 minutes

the tRC the septum 34 with memories to 1666mhz or leave it at 41 with memories to 1666mhz?

ok i have now finished the test 20 minutes:

multiplier x19
CPU vcore 1.4v
Frequency 1333Mhz memories

I think the temperatures are ok ... there is only an error in the first treat # 6 as in the picture: (

To you the opinions;)

Next step? continuous or changes? :comp:

thank you very much

Attachments

• prime95.jpg
    prime95.jpg
    267.1 KB · Views: 42
  • x19.jpg
    x19.jpg
    352.2 KB · Views: 43
When you get errors and a worker fails you are usually close with the Cpu V, stay at 19 and add volts your temps are fine.

then add volts and go to 1.425v? the multiplier? x19.5 x19 or x20?

ram memories are fine? or put them at 1666mhz? :shrug:

These two frequencies must remain in the red arrow to 2000MHz? or should I change them?

:salute:

Attachments

• 20131108_153537.jpg
    20131108_153537.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 44
Back