• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclock help FX6300

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yes Do What Caddi say's first, He know's what he's talking about. I forgot to mention all that good stuff.

we have to get ready to overclock first.
the 1333 ram will bottleneck us pretty badly but, you work with what he's got.
the bulldozer and pile driver cpus work much better with 1866 ram but, we don't worry about what we don't have.

we have to get ready to overclock first.
the 1333 ram will bottleneck us pretty badly but, you work with what he's got.
the bulldozer and pile driver cpus work much better with 1866 ram but, we don't worry about what we don't have.

BIOS settings and power scheme already done :3

Had that set from day one lol

Thats unfortunate hearing about the RAM. Might have to upgrade down the road then

back into the bios.
advanced screen
ai tweaker tab
ai overclock tuner= manual
oc tuner= cancel
amd turbo core thechnology= disabled
cpu spread spectrum= disabled

RaverFox

I have a kit of 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 that I could sell you. I just bought 2133 RAM to put in, so this kit I have is extra.

BUT...Like Caddi said FX likes to run 1866 or better ram, so if your gonna spend the money you might as well get what you want. Pluss I live in NorthWestern Alaska so the amount your gonna pay in shipping to Florida u might as well order a new kit lol.

Nonetheless, ill sell you this kit for $20 it worked great with my FX-6300 overclocked to 4.5 GHZ. Prolly cost you another $20 for shipping, I duno tho

next is back into bios, ai tweaker.
digi vrm.
change it all to this set up.
ignore my epu setting, disable it for now, we want max heat.

Attachments

• BIOS 02.jpg
    BIOS 02.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 56
Alright. Got it set. Do i leave VRM fixed frequency at 300 and power duty control at T. Probe thermal?

RaverFox

I have a kit of 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 that I could sell you. I just bought 2133 RAM to put in, so this kit I have is extra.

BUT...Like Caddi said FX likes to run 1866 or better ram, so if your gonna spend the money you might as well get what you want. Pluss I live in NorthWestern Alaska so the amount your gonna pay in shipping to Florida u might as well order a new kit lol.

Nonetheless, ill sell you this kit for $20 it worked great with my FX-6300 overclocked to 4.5 GHZ. Prolly cost you another $20 for shipping, I duno tho

Will definitely think about it. Whats more important first? Liquid cooling or the ram? That way i prioritize

yes just leave them for now.
ram or water, ram first, water is far down the road.
4.3-4.8 is the working clock range for this combo anyway.

Ram is prolly more bang for your buck with the FX, but thats just my opinion.

I get paid next friday so i might end up being able to get the ram and cooler. Now if I buy the 1866 RAM. would i need to only use the 8gb i buy? or can i still use my previous 8gb?

into bios again
ai tweaker tab.
cpu&nb voltage= manual mode
cpu manual voltage= 1.38
cpu/nb manual voltage= 1.4000
---------------------------------------

tool tab
overclock profile menue.
lable as "basic", hit enter key.
down to save as profile=1, hit enter key, hit enter key again

hit f10 save and exit.
run prime 95 to be sure we have it right.

into bios again
ai tweaker tab.
cpu&nb voltage= manual mode
cpu manual voltage= 1.38
cpu/nb manual voltage= 1.4000
---------------------------------------

tool tab
overclock profile menue.
lable as "basic", hit enter key.
down to save as profile=1, hit enter key, hit enter key again

hit f10 save and exit.
run prime 95 to be sure we have it right.

alright. off i go. want a screen of prime 95?

do not mix ram speeds or ram kits for that matter.
2x4 gig 1866 is all you will need.
most of us with 2133 ram run it between 1900 and 2000 anyway.
with ram at these speeds timmings count more than ram speed.

Alright. Booting. The second voltage value is purple. Does that mean anything significant?

Back