• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking AMD FX 6100

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
This is what I wanted to show you from one of my systems. Note the two 50mm spot fans stuck to the blue heat sinks on the motherboard. The top of the picture is actually the rear of the case. If you could move your radiator to the outside of the case's rear panel you would have more room to put a spot fan or fans on the hot area.

Attachments

• IMG_0859.JPG
    IMG_0859.JPG
    795.7 KB · Views: 158
Nice Interior "trents". Those 50mm fans are harder to locate than 40mm ones but oh so much quieter for sure. Looks nice the way you have them neatly attached in the good spots. RGone...ster.

then i realized the 120mm fan i stuck to the side didnt have and spots to draw from as i stupidly covered the whole sides in tape now i fixed it so im running it again. Also how am i going to move my water cooler outside without removing the tubes and is it going to be hard to remove the tubes and put them back in?

I also found the old CPU cooler that came with the CPU I'm thinking about de attaching the fan off of it and attaching it to one of the heat sinks and what should I stick it on with the double sided stuff you were talking about or is ducktape good?

1. 103 posts and nothing is really doing any good.
2. Temps still high. About 5c is all the change to the good I have seen and that resulting temp is still too high for speed of cpu and voltage.
3. It looks like you would be better off with a good air-cooler like you saw in "trents" case.
4. You are the 5th user I have noticed for sure with AMD MSI mobo in the forum in now some 4 months and as far as I can remember they all left with some bad-taste in their mouth from the board.
5. OR your cpu is junky and not up to the speeds of other of similar type. Not much way to tell with all the 'extra' problems surrounding your current situation.
6. My money is on the mobo and then cpu and cooling in that order of most likely a pain allowing for not much gain.

I think I found a solution ill post back in 20 mins with results and what mobo do you recommend

i took the 50mm fan on my old cpu cooler that came with the cpu and stuck it onto one of the heatsinks and its running at 3500 rpm :O so i hope its the right heatsink i put it on il do another test with it on the other heatsink so ill post back with results in 15mins

i got this should i put it on the other heat sink and try now

Attachments

• 3500rpm.PNG
    3500rpm.PNG
    34.7 KB · Views: 139
I got this with the 120 mm fan blowing straight at the mobo im going to get a 2 splitters and get another 50mm fan and use that and see how that goes

Attachments

• ok this.PNG
    ok this.PNG
    34.6 KB · Views: 137
Im sorry, i dont mean to hijack this thread but i have couple questions. This is my first OC and i had made a thread but a mod directed me here. My system is this:

Amd fx 6300
Asrock 970DE3 mobo
Gskill 16gb ripjaws x series 1600 pc3 12800
Corsair cx500 psu
His hd radeon 7850 2gb
Coolermaster hyper 212 evo

I took all instructions from first 3 pages but when i bumped up the multiplier i was only able to hit 18.5 (3700mhz) before prime95 had the cores erroring out. Although all my temps were only around 40C during prime95 tests. Shouldnt i have been able to go alot higher before cores erroring? Id rather not have to mess with voltage yet. Im really only wanting to go to 4.0-4.1ghz all together, so i can get some higher fps during my games and such. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ben62884, this is certainly nOt the thread to be posting in. Too too many variables that likely have n0thing at all to do with how your system is functioning. Start your own thread. Run Prime 95 in Blend mode and then post by attaching to the forum your captures of CPUz (3 captures). CPUz CPU Tab, CPUz Memory Tab and CPUz SPD Tab. AND a capture of HWMonitor (Freeware) which is open on the desktop DURING run of P95 in Blend mode for 20 mins and then HWMonitor captured and HWM showing All voltages and down thru the CPU "package" temp. Four captures in all.

Then we can deal with your questions in an environment that is not so dang odd and wierd as the cpu/mobo/cooling situation as this thread is exhibiting. Thank you and welcome to OCF.
An excellent example of what a 4 capture post of needed info best looks like.

Im sorry, i dont mean to hijack this thread but i have couple questions. This is my first OC and i had made a thread but a mod directed me here. My system is this:

Amd fx 6300
Asrock 970DE3 mobo
Gskill 16gb ripjaws x series 1600 pc3 12800
Corsair cx500 psu
His hd radeon 7850 2gb
Coolermaster hyper 212 evo

I took all instructions from first 3 pages but when i bumped up the multiplier i was only able to hit 18.5 (3700mhz) before prime95 had the cores erroring out. Although all my temps were only around 40C during prime95 tests. Shouldnt i have been able to go alot higher before cores erroring? Id rather not have to mess with voltage yet. Im really only wanting to go to 4.0-4.1ghz all together, so i can get some higher fps during my games and such. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

FallenD, let's see a pic of the inside of your case now with the new fan setup. The most important heatsink is the one under the radiator fan.

the 50mm fan doesnt stick there it falls of i need to find some of that double sided stuff or find something else and a splitter but heres a picture of it now without the 50mm fan i just changed the location of the small fan

Attachments

• 2012-12-27 12.49.18.jpg
    2012-12-27 12.49.18.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 132
This is what i got with that setup top fans pushing in to case bottom fan pushing out and the 120mm fan blowing straight on the mobo

Attachments

• ye[.PNG
    ye[.PNG
    34.9 KB · Views: 132
Temp wise, looks like we are back where we were earlier. I don't see your radiator. Is it on the outside now? That picture is kind of weird and it's kind of hard to see what's really what and where. Looks like you are securing the small fan to the case side panel with masking tape or is that art work?

the radiator is in there except one fan is sticking out and the big fan is blowing down and in to the case and the big fan in the front is blowing out of the case and yes it is a piece of artwork :)

The side panel fan looks like it would be blowing down toward the motherboard but it's air stream would seem to be blocked by the air stream coming from the interior radiator fan. In other words, their air streams seem to be intersecting at right angles. If this is the case, I wouldn't thing any air flow would be reaching the heat sink below all that. But maybe the camera angle is deceptive and the two fans don't actually line up.

Well, at least by putting one of the two radiator fans on the outside it gave you a little more room for a spot fan on the inside.

so do you think i should keep the side fan or take it off and put the 50mm(actually it was a 70mm) on the heatsink right under the radiator. Is the side fan doing any good because it is intercepting directly with the radiator fans

Back