• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

{PMS}fishy Lan Rev 2.0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I personally won't be buying NFSU or 2 since money is so tight I don't have 2 nickels to rub together but someone else might have it. Looks good for my attendance as most of my exams are later in the week, including Calc on friday morning at 8 :rolleyes:

veryhumid said:
someone who just spent some time in jail is coming back

What do you do for a living?

And more importantly, will we need to pool money together at some point over the weekend to bail you out? :p

snvpa said:
I personally won't be buying NFSU or 2 since money is so tight I don't have 2 nickels to rub together but someone else might have it. Looks good for my attendance as most of my exams are later in the week, including Calc on friday morning at 8 :rolleyes:

I can loan you 2 nickles if thats all it take to make you happy :D

Pinky said:
What do you do for a living?

And more importantly, will we need to pool money together at some point over the weekend to bail you out? :p

LOL. that is my job at a convenience store/mobil. One of the guys is kind of putting his life back together. So no, you won't have to bail me out... i don't think...

Oh and I can come! I have to work friday. and sat. I have orientation for another job as a ski instructor. But after that, or if it gets cancelled if there is not enough snow... I will be on my way down! This will go through sunday, right? I could even stay sunday night if anyone else will. I won't have work until afternoon on monday! woohoo!

do you have enough desks and chairs for everyone?

I am excited, but worried about my main beast. I mean sure it is not good if I can't move it every once and a while but i don't want to find that out now! ;) I'll just drive nice and easy and handle it well and everything will be okay, right?!

Last edited:
just checked with ViperJohn, who built the card. apparently the card needs to be transported on its side. that is if gravity were the only force on it, the card would be getting pushed into the agp slot. However he said the hard drives need to be transported horizontally. What a pain!!! Does anyone have an extra tower with steam on it? I would really appreciate it. then I can just show up with mouse, keyboard, headphones and monitor and not have to take apart my comp for a day of insane awesome ocforums gaming ;)

I need a frag box!

Last edited:
veryhumid said:
just checked with ViperJohn, who built the card. apparently the card needs to be transported on its side. that is if gravity were the only force on it, the card would be getting pushed into the agp slot. However he said the hard drives need to be transported horizontally. What a pain!!! Does anyone have an extra tower with steam on it? I would really appreciate it. then I can just show up with mouse, keyboard, headphones and monitor and not have to take apart my comp for a day of insane awesome ocforums gaming ;)

I need a frag box!

HDD can be transported in any dirrection. If the VC is that big of a deal, pop it out, and bag it.

I don't have anything worthy of playing games, execpt mine, and thats cutting it close.

LOL. it's just like this is my kid. toooooo much money in it. i'll transport it on its side. I think i will unplug it tonight, lay it on it's side and then fire it up in the morning for my own insanity ;)

could you pm me your address?

veryhumid said:
LOL. it's just like this is my kid. toooooo much money in it. i'll transport it on its side. I think i will unplug it tonight, lay it on it's side and then fire it up in the morning for my own insanity ;)

could you pm me your address?

Take 95/93 South, to 495 South, exit 21B Upton.

Pm for dirrections from there. See last post.

Last edited:
stompah said:
you sure you want EVERYONE to know how to get there?

Yea, I just stop carring. It doesn't matter who shows up, good intetions or bad.

Offtopic - I just went on this date with a nice/cute/good-looking/funny/whatmoreocouldyouaskfor girl, and I think I blew it, cause my brain decided today of all days was a great day for vacation. Well Ill let you know tommorrow if it was a total bomb, but my money is on bomb :(

/me kicks own ***.

Might have a big problem, looks like my roomates decided they might not leave this weekend. They aren't going to decide untill thursday/friday.

I don't want to cancel if I don't have to, but you guys tell me. Is the day before too late to make the decision?

{PMS}fishy said:
Might have a big problem, looks like my roomates decided they might not leave this weekend. They aren't going to decide untill thursday/friday.

I don't want to cancel if I don't have to, but you guys tell me. Is the day before too late to make the decision?

Yeah, that's pretty "last minute" ... BUT, it's not like we all can't find something else to do. It will just hurt attendence because not everyone's going to wait for that last minute to firm up their plans for the weekend.

Anyway, I am still planning on being there and I'm fine with waiting until Thursday/Fri to know for sure. Worse case scenerio is I go for a hike that weekend instead.

Did you explain to your roommates that this was a scheduled thingie contingent on their departure? :p

Maybe they want to participate, I mean half the time we're just goofing off anyway!

I am screwed. I'm taking a new job as a snowboard instructor and we have to be on the snow for 6 hours each day next weekend :(. I guess I will have to wait for fishylan2.1... or even 3.0!

Pinky said:
Yeah, that's pretty "last minute" ... BUT, it's not like we all can't find something else to do. It will just hurt attendence because not everyone's going to wait for that last minute to firm up their plans for the weekend.

Anyway, I am still planning on being there and I'm fine with waiting until Thursday/Fri to know for sure. Worse case scenerio is I go for a hike that weekend instead.

Did you explain to your roommates that this was a scheduled thingie contingent on their departure? :p

Maybe they want to participate, I mean half the time we're just goofing off anyway!

Yea, they knew. They normally go to Killington every weekend, but had a bad weekend, this weekend and were pretty put off by it. Ill see if I can convience them to go, and Ill try to get a deffinate YES/No tommorrow. Ugh, this sucks.

They deffinatly would not be into this at all. Not to mention they would be pissed about all the noise, at 3am when they are trying to sleep.

{PMS}fishy said:
Yea, they knew. They normally go to Killington every weekend, but had a bad weekend, this weekend and were pretty put off by it. Ill see if I can convience them to go, and Ill try to get a deffinate YES/No tommorrow. Ugh, this sucks.

They deffinatly would not be into this at all. Not to mention they would be pissed about all the noise, at 3am when they are trying to sleep.
Hey the moutains are nice here. People are already skiiing/boarding and the lifts arent even running yet.

Back