• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Prime95 High Temperatures on Stock Clock Speeds (AMD FX-8320)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
CnQ, c1e, = Both of those settings are related to each other and will allow the cpu to throttle down under no load conditions and thus require less voltage and run cooler during the time of no work to do.

c6, amd turbo core = Both of those are related to each other as well. C6 is required for TurboCore to function as I understand it and TurboCore is basically useless when manually overclocking and setting multipliers manually, so I Disable both settings.

RGone...

Thanks everybody for all the help. Although I failed my target while overclocking I at least understood the capabalities of my system and also what was holding it back. This whole thing have been a great learning experience for me. I'll be sure to use the things I learned here while buying new hardware and also while overclocking in the future. This site really has a great community. :grouphug:

Should note this only works when using offset voltages in bios, not manual. So if this is your goal and voltage is needed start with using an offset, just be easier in the end.

Yep well corrected there, Us gigabyte users have had offset voltage -/+ for many years now. Forgot that if you manually select voltage on some other manufacturers then c&q won't work. These msi boards really are poor aren't they, I mean my 78lmt-usb3 cost half of a g46 outshines it in every way.,
(78lmt has llc, offset v-core, apm mode, holds an fx83 at 4.3- 4.6, and more if you're brave)

Sorry to the op in not getting where you wanted to be, maybe sell the board and get yourself an Asus 6+2, or even a 78lmt usb3 rev5 :)

Back