• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

problem with cpu cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tsosmi93

hi everyone,its my first time writing in the site..and i need some help
i have amd fx- 8120 and antec kuhler h2o 620 (water cooler).. with hw monitor cpu tep is about 52 C but core temp.... goes up to 63 only by playing simple games like lol.....and i the past i have seen it up to 70 without overclocking or doing anything else...is that normal ? :S

p.s i have cleaned the pc from dust

A 10 degree jump from idle temps is expected... The temps are not out of control but the idle temp does seem a little too high. Try cleaning off all the thermal paste with q-tips and isopropanol then reapply the TIM and reseat the heatsink. I don't know what TIM you're using but I like PK-1.

my friend...the cpu temp is kinda stable at 50+ the core temp goes from 35 to 60-70...and about the pc..i bought it ready.. i dint make it my self and i dont know what u just said me :p but ty anyway :)

Core temp shouldn't exceed 60C at any time.

You need a better CPU cooler most likely. You can try reseating the CPU cooler on the processor to see if temps go down any.

is the coller bad or damaged..cause if its damaged i dont have to pay for a new one they will fix it i suppose...i just did a prime 95 test..the cpu reached 64 and i stoped it after 3 mins...and it said 0 errors 0 warnings...though the core temp stayed at 57...while when i am playing it goes at 65..but when i am playing the cpu stays at 52 ;/ .. can someone explain me what is happening cause i am totally confused now :S

That cooler just isn't great in the first place, and the 8120 produces quite a lot of heat.

Most likely, the cooler just can't keep up.

Back