• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Q6600 OC 1st time

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
add more cpu voltage then and as well what power supply are you running?

Ok heres what I did not sure if it was the right thing to do LOL all settings just like above BUT I linked and sync instead of unlinked had it to 2.7 ran prime95 for about 12 hours no errors highest temp thatwas showed when I got home was 54 using real temp.Heres the thing not sure if I was just having internet trouble today or not but after rebooting pc got back to windows and couldnt connect to internet so I changed settings back to default in bios and still couldnt after some unplugging of router and cable box for a few Im back on.Now could this have anything to do with my internet not working or was it just one of those days ya get when it just doesnt work LOL?Heres a pic of what ram was on remember im using the pc 5300 and i dont know if thats good or not.

Pic

now try 333mhz and see what happens... sounds like you may have been at a unstable divider when running unlinked.

now try 333mhz and see what happens... sounds like you may have been at a unstable divider when running unlinked.

So do you think this had anything to do with my not being able to connect to internet?Sounds unlikely but I dont know is why Im asking.Also do all those settings seem ok to keep running it at 2.7?Hey thanks alot for all your help I really appreciate it :santa:

i would say it is something else that cause the interenet to not work.

yep np :soda:

... sounds like you may have been at a unstable divider when running unlinked.

ok i get what that means, just not how or why. i didnt know something like that could happen? is it common to have an "unstable divider" ?

ok i get what that means, just not how or why. i didnt know something like that could happen? is it common to have an "unstable divider" ?

since NV's chipset in unlinked mode can come up with a infinite number of dividers. you are bound to run into some that just dont play nice. we had the same issues with i think 2 dividers on p965.

twisted,
did you try 333mhz yet?

since NV's chipset in unlinked mode can come up with a infinite number of dividers. you are bound to run into some that just dont play nice. we had the same issues with i think 2 dividers on p965.

twisted,
did you try 333mhz yet?
No sure didnt kinda scared to dont want to fry anything LOL

you wont fry anything, worst case you need to reset the cmos for it to bootup.

Just messing around I knocked volts down from the 1.32650 to 1.30 I know not much difference but still running strong :)

PIC

Just messing around I knocked volts down from the 1.32650 to 1.30 I know not much difference but still running strong :)

PIC
Actually I looked at that wrong its at 1.32 and some change.Ok can running my CPU core at that range cause any problems with the other settings or anything?Or is it just better to get the cpu core lower the better?CPU FSB is at 1.30 and Nforce SPP is at 1.30

Last edited:
well after you find out at what voltage it is stable at. you can lower voltages, do one at a time to keep track of the changes.

Just to let you know, i had the same setup as you about 4 months ago, (until I killed my 650 with an accident involving a dremmel, piece of copper pipe and an open case.) you can push that cpu waaaayyyy high. I had mine going at 3.1 on that board. On my current board it is much better though.

Back