• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rebuilding the Mega-O

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Got my parts today and ran into an issue putting back my block. Apparently one of the lines from the pump to the rad came loose :eek:

I had a dam swimming pool in the bottom of the case. Leaked all over the optical drives and barely missed my ssd's :bang head

Dried everything off with lightning speed. Used up 2 cans of air to finish off the process and back to rebuilding.

Now which sata ports do I use for raid-o?

I know there's 6 sata ports driven by the intel z97chipset which support raid, then the other 4 are ASMedia which i ain't using. The manual is useless as far as that is concerned.

The ports are # like so: 0-1-2-3, then A1,A2, A3, A4.

Need to know asap so I can finish this up and load up the OS.

The Intel ports... It's your only other choice if you are not using the as media ports. ;)

Ya Joe, I knoes, but which ones? 0 and 1 or A1 and A2? It's confusing how it's laid out and there's no clear definition on which ports.

The A ports are Asmedia. Don't use those. Use 0-5 for Intel controller.

Rogers dat! :salute:

* Edit*

Up and running! Stock/speed temps idle @ 34c :D Gonna do a clean install of the OS and then crank this beehutch! :thup:

Last edited:
Ok, after tweaking around a bit, I managed 4.5Ghz with 1.23v. Left P95 run overnight and no problems to report.

One thing tho, even with the H20 cooling I have, this sucka is a heater when it starts rampin' up the workload!

Hottest core hit 90! :eek:

Attachments

• Cpuz_Coretemp.jpg
    Cpuz_Coretemp.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 26
Looks awesome and great starting results Neb!! Temps get up there a bit, huh? Gotta somehow get that thing a little cooler.

Thx funsoul! You think maybe I need a remount? Pain in the arse, but if I gotta, i'll do it.

Temps idle are awsome, but man when it starts to crank out the heat, geeeebus! :eek: :rofl:

I'll recheck the mount after I get this vid card flashing thing done ;)

Well remounted the block and ran P95 again. After about 2 hours temps topped off @ 82c pretty much across the board. Not too shabby I 'spoze :-/

Once those small FFTs hit with Prime blend (v28.5)... The temps go really high!!

A very brief run with mine... Small fft v28.5 under custom water:

Attachments

• Prime95 small FFT.PNG
    Prime95 small FFT.PNG
    98.9 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Once those small FFTs hit with Prime blend (v28.5)... The temps go really high!!

Hellz yeah! I had to crank up the fans. Well thus far I'm really happy with this new combo. I'll try later to go up a few notches (46/47). Any suggestions/advice?

I've got shortcuts to both v27.9 and v28.5.

v27.9 is most likely a stressful "enough" test to use for dialing in your overclocks and the small fft's are more manageable to keep cool. However, I still sometimes go ahead and use v28.5 for more brief/limited testing.

I also like to use WCG/Rosetta for long run load testing... 24/48/72hrs.

I started out for the first couple of weeks with fully manual "override" voltages to get a feel for what my cpu/combo needs/likes... But now I'm testing adaptive mode settings as well.

Though nothing has been proven, my 'comfortable' point for 24/7 voltage is 1.4v. So I would keep it under there and 90C stress testing and all will be well.

Back