• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Someone Help me with Overclocking my AMD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The "Memory" tab in CPU-z reports the current settings. The "SPD" tabe in CPU-z reports the manufacturer's recommendations for voltages and timings at given standard frequencies the ram is capable of running.

Untitled-6.png

old DRAM Freq = 666.6Mhz

old FSB DRAM = 3:10

---------------------------------

New DRAM Freq = 800Mhz

New FSB DRAM = 1:4

All sorted memory wise, running at 800mhz

Used Overdrive so not sure if that put the voltage up for me

We don't recommend using AMDOD to overclock. It's buggy and can misrepresent values. You can do those same things in bios and should. I would recommend learning to do it the right way rather than relying on shortcuts and crutches like OD.

I tried the bios and it didnt change when windows restarted.

Right Im over clocked to 4.0 ran Prime for a little while and all seems ok. Need to do a longer prime test later. Now going to play COD and see if its all ok.

Untitled-8.png

To change memory values in bios you have to take the main section header item off of Auto and then work with the individual timings which also need to be take off of Auto. There are about 20 individual timings in bios but only the 6 listed in CPU-z need to be changed. Leave the others on Auto.

Last edited:
Oooo right ok, I didnt do that i just changed the 2 lol lol

Im lowering the Vcore a little 1.25 now and temps are dropping under load

Sounds like some positive adjustments were made that are helping.

Back