• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sometimes you need to go back to the drawing board

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I've been kinda following this but more times than not I have to ask is this really better then just going with real good watercooling. :shrug:

Do tell what this is, good Dr....!

I see a couple of 2x120/140 mm rads, a pump/res... what's the silver box up top? What's all the plumbing?

Do tell what this is, good Dr....!

I see a couple of 2x120/140 mm rads, a pump/res... what's the silver box up top? What's all the plumbing?

The topmost item is a parallel plate heat exchanger. It's used for water cooling the liquid that turns to vapor, so it's a second stage.

There's 30 parallel plates; 15 aluminum and 15 copper, alternating in a sandwich fashion. The water is cooled in the two small radiators hooked up in series then passed to cool down the liquid refrigerant.
By the time the liquified vapor gets to the exit, it's cooler than fans blowing on radiator fins could produce, in theory.

Last edited:
Back