• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Strange OC problems with aa/af

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Careface

So I finally found out how to force a nvflash board id mismatch :rolleyes:, i tried to unlock my 6200 to a 6600.. no go, the pipes are damaged.. had to blind flash back to a 6200.. bugger. anyway, while i was flashing i decided to unlock the temp probe and up the VCore to 1.4V.. and damn did it help!

(I have the NV43 A2 core[the 6600], btw)

I went from a max oc of 476/640, to 530/700 (added some sinks on the ram).. I was getting 64C load while running ut2k4's dm-irondeity (in the low fps room) on 1280*1024*32 everything up, 8xaa/16xaf for a couple of hours. Anyway, it seemed to be completely artefact free and stable on those settings.. even 3d marks ran stabily/no artefacts as well.. but the really weird thing is, when i went to turn down the eye candy (i dont exactly like 9-12fps in ut2k4, as you can imagine ;)), i booted up ut2k4 and the damn thing crashed.. reboot, started up 3dmark, the thing crashed.. im thinking wtf is going on here? so i up'd the eye candy to max again, and sure enough, both ut2k4 and 3dmark run flawlessly..

So naturally i thought it was the OC, so I put the gfx back at stock (400/500) and tried to run 3dmark.. i got artefacts all down the screen (in a \\ \\ \\ \\ kinda patern, if you can imagine that).. surely it cant be the added voltage thats causing these problems? I mean, with eye candy on, everything runs fine (albeit with very very low fps) what gives?

Also, just wondering what is the default VCore for a 6200? when i dumped my bios to mod it with nibitor, it couldnt find the VGPU info, so i had to use some bios editor to force 1.4V through it..

in a nutshell my questions are:
1) is 64C load an ok temp for a 6200 oc'd on load?
2) is artefacts/crashing without eye candy on, but running perfectly without, normal?
3) could it be the voltage thats causing these problems?
4) whats the stock VCore for a 6200?.. ties in with 3), as 1.4V might be too much.

Thanks in advance for the help guys :cool:
Careface*

Careface said:
in a nutshell my questions are:
1) is 64C load an ok temp for a 6200 oc'd on load?
2) is artefacts/crashing without eye candy on, but running perfectly without, normal?
3) could it be the voltage thats causing these problems?
4) whats the stock VCore for a 6200?.. ties in with 3), as 1.4V might be too much.

1) yes
2) no, your card is unstabile
3) if your pipes are damaged, voltage won't matter
4) don't know

yeah, once i had to blind flash i reflashed it back to stock.. so its not the damaged pipes playing havoc.. thats why im really confused. (oh, that and it works fine with eye candy but it doesnt without)

Careface*

Back