• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Team 32! *I Challenge You*

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have about 18 CPU's that I can confirm are folding. And I think I can add or at least confirm 7 more in a week or two. Some of these 25 CPU's are friends' boxes who I provide free borging, er I mean tech support for...

I have a very strong chance of being rehired part-time at my old admin job. If you look at forum member overdoze's CPU count, 36 of those would be mine if I were rehired. And in fact part of the upgrade plans of that company are to build another dually Athlon XP FreeBSD server. So 38 CPU's from there....

Theoretically, that's 63 CPU's if I can get them all up and running at the same time and keep them up long enough to turn in WU's... Bvut I've never been very good at keeping all of the CPU's I've borged to be confirmed up and running since they are located in no less than a dozen locations in my city or in other parts of Texas.

In addition there might be a few random CPU's I don't know about from the users of Overclockix who are not part of our forum that download the CD from the links posted on knoppix.net or justlinux.com and are unaware of the folding@home service....

I can do some PM'ing to find out who is still on OC3d and how many CPU's they can confirm are folding. I could then either post the non-Arkaine CPU count of OC3d, or ask OC3d members to take a short break from OC3d for a solid week, whichever turns out to be easier, and whichever way you deem most fair.

Arkaine23 said:
Theoretically, that's 63 CPU's if I can get them all up and running at the same time and keep them up long enough to turn in WU's... Bvut I've never been very good at keeping all of the CPU's I've borged to be confirmed up and running since they are located in no less than a dozen locations in my city or in other parts of Texas.

Hell, if you get 63 new cpus folding before erpauls passes the 60 mark, your ppw increase will be quite insane... so yeah, that would be a victory =p.

But for everyone ELSE...

Erpauls is sitting at 41 cpus and that number is CLIMBING. You have a threat!! Don't let this nasty evil man walk away with the prize! I have two new prize packages I'm throwing in the mix soon, so get your fold on!

can i have one of those sweet fans for trying????? i mean common i just went from 1 computer to 40!

I wonder if people ar giving up?

Ya'll should look at y0bailey 's stats... he went from 200ppd to his current 800-1k'ish. That's some mighty borging effort ^_^. Why stop now? Keep it going and win a prize!!

OK, hows this for a CPU count.....
The company i work for is on an international intranet, with a total server CPU count of about 520 or so......
Thats a total of 520 or so CPUs all folding!
But wait, theres more!
Attached to each server is at least three to four more CPUs, all networked into each server...
hold on a minute.......
I'm doing some math...
+ 520...
+ 520...
+ 520...
ut oh, a grand total of about 2080 CPUs, all waiting to fold!!!
(boy, it is nice to dream sometimes, isn't it?)

so when are these 2,080 cpu's going to start folding?

i can't even begin to imagine the ppd. 75k ppd? you'd fly past both plext and dgroms. it would only take 32 days to get 2.4 million points :eek:

Ok, I got confirmation that I am rehired at my old sysadmin job. That means I'll be throwing the switch on 36 CPU's very soon, maybe as soon as this weekend. If I can get OC3d up to 65 active CPU's, I think I'll have met your challenge, vonkaar. But, I'll also try to find out how many CPU's GTSimmo is contributing. He's just been hard to get a hold of since Star Wars Galaxies came out.....

Vonkaar said:
Hell, if you get 63 new cpus folding before erpauls passes the 60 mark, your ppw increase will be quite insane... so yeah, that would be a victory =p.

Yeah, OC3d would shoot up from about 5000 to about 14,500 per week. A lot of people probably never realized that I have access to so many CPU's. If I can get out and check on all the CPU's listed in my sig and make sure they're up, and add the CPU's from the corporate network, I'd have 63.

Of course, I want to hit 65 or even 66 since its hard for me to know for sure that every CPU in OC3d's active count is mine. So I'll be on the prowl to pick up some new boxes..... A friend of a friend said she needed some PC repair, so that's one potential victim, er, I mean customer.

Last edited:
The competition is heating up! Who will be the victor?

Erpauls is at 48!!! SO close!

GTSimmo should quit that horrid Verant game and get back to folding!

Repilce has joined the race and is looking to make quick work of his rivals. Can the young blood beat the veterens?

Action!
Intrigue!
Suspense!
Edge of your seat THRILL!

Stay tuned!

Looks like I'll have to ssh in to the network and make the changes to the client.cfgs's in order to do the switch sooner than I had inteneded. When I make that switch later today, I'll be 7 CPU's short of the mark I'm trying to hit, 65. But I also borged my workstation at my full-time jopb (P3 650) by using my pen drive, and I'm working on getting the linux box there (p2 450). I can head out to my old high school tomorrow morning and re-borg 4x P3 800's and give them a gromacs-capable client. Man, a few days for these boxes to do some work and OC3d should be above 60 active and creeping up on 65.

Still no luck contacting GTSimmo... I wish I could go back in time and prevent all MMORPG's for ever being created. It's crack I say, crack!! Buy your game and keep paying for it so you can play it!

Last edited:
hrmm. This could get close. My daughter has soccer practice tonight so I won't be able to add any...

i made a good run for it but i'm on my last leg....i have been up to 42 active and am trying to get more. i had about 100 tests this week so almost none got added. this weekend i am going home so nothing will get added. if only i wasn't a damn student and worked somewhere that would let me borg....ahhh such a dissapointment. but hey at least i gave it a shot and moved my way up the ladder!!

ps - i havent quit....you still better watch out!

I have just submitted a letter to my school's IT department.. (colledge) if i can get permission to borg them i'll have 50-80 p4 2.0-4 GHZ or higher folding for me and 32!!

Back