• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Team 32! *I Challenge You*

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Vonkaar's Potential Threats:

y0bailey 87 -61 45,136.50 30.67 Oct 25, 2007 04:00 AM

Holy crap... I created a monster??? Yeah yeah, my production is down 5ghz but STILL... someone stop this guy, he's gone CRAZY!

I'm starting to creep on you too now that I have a small corporate Linux/unix network under my command....

I'm working on it too. So far I've gotten quite a few P4s (check sig). Some of them haven't shown up yet, but by the end of today/tomorrow I should be up to 30, and I'll be adding more.

Just hit 49 CPU's, 16 more to go! I know where I can find 7 or 8 of those 16, but it'll take some repairs on my part....

i'm at 48 and stuck like a brick wall....i think i'm gonna have to break into some sort of computer facility and install it. the sad part is this has actually crossed my mind

The part time CPU count grows daily. However, I've only got another 8 P4 1.7s to add and maybe 8 2.4s, then I'm done for a little while. Most of these are so new that they haven't shown up on the CPU count yet, although they should soon...
Edit:
If they would all turn in WUs I should have 50 CPUs, up from 9 prior to this contest :D

Hmm....sadly I don't think I will be able to hsi 60 CPU's, but alas I have recieved one of the final (for now) layers of my farm :)

Hopefully FTWL can break a solid 20, and our PPW is up too (solid orange for the past few days).

I commend all of you for being able to, and actually borqing all of these rigs, this is a great thing you all are doing for the project. I wish you all the best of luck!

Fold and Frag on
Brian

CPU count

Ok, I got another 9 going, though it may take a few days for them to start showing up in the stats....

/me gets shifty-eyed look thinking about any computers I know of that might not already be folding...

Last edited:
arkain you too ol dtoo win, poor college student here trying to iwn, ih ave no job so let m ewin, i will give you an amd swiftecik waterblock modded to 1/2 tubing just to win the fans,,,,commmon man!!! ps - o ma extr=orid narlyu drunk right now

y0bailey said:
arkain you too ol dtoo win, poor college student here trying to iwn, ih ave no job so let m ewin, i will give you an amd swiftecik waterblock modded to 1/2 tubing just to win the fans,,,,commmon man!!! ps - o ma extr=orid narlyu drunk right now

Too old? How old do you think I am?

We'll see if I win anything. I have to hear from GTSimmo on exactly how many CPU's he has folding for OC3d right now. I'm making a safe guess that it's 5. That still leaves me almost 10 CPU's to pick up outta nowhere. I'm about borged out. I think I can nab 2 P3 700's that are running FreeBSD. If I could fold in OpenBSD I could pick up a couple of slow celerons.

I'm selling one of my slower boxes this week, so I'll lose a CPU. But I should get a dually up sometime next month....

It's down to the nitty-gritty and time to go do some ninja-style raids on local computer labs.

If I do manage to get 65 CPU's before anyone else can get 60, and get a prize, I will certainly refuse to take any items I don't feel I need and suggest to vonkaar that he dump the tiems I don't want into the next winner's prize package.

I'm eyeing that H2O gear seriously, but then I already have a pump, some 120mm fans, and a reservoir. Hoses, a radiator, and a waterblock are the only componets I lack. I wanted to watercool a year ago and starting buy7ing the parts, but then I ran out of money....

You're not the only starving college student on the team! ;)

Edit: added some more on top of what I just added. I also have plans to check up on 4 boxes I havne't checked on since the days before gromacs. Will get to switch them to the faster client/core, or possibly reinstall if they've been wiped clean...

Last edited:
Good/Bad news.

Well my current borg has been halted momentarily so my production/rig count will fall.
It was do to someone loading a virus on the network. This should be solved by next week some time and I'll be back in business. The original thought was that folding had some how caused it so they took folding down :( but since have discovered it was not connected.

Yup, always blame non-standard software first. :rolleyes: Especially to a layman, who thinks loading a CPU wears it out quickly...

I have to deal with that once in awhile. That's why my boss wrote perl scripts that idle the client even more than it normally idles (by pausing it) whenever someone needs to run an intensive app on the CPU, and then resumes once the cpu load returns to normal.

Edit: One of the duallies went down again. Looks like it needs more serious repairs than a simple reboot.

I'm eyeing that H2O gear seriously

That's good =p.

The multimeter is the only thing I have to actually *pay* for... and so far everyone via PM has hinted that they'd rather go with the massive fans or the wc setup. That makes me happy =p. All of those parts I had laying around so they make for some good prizes. I have a few other ideas and I'll probably just keep the contest going after the first winner.

More than likely I'll pull the MM if the first winner doesn't want it and throw in a few more prizes. I've got some CDRW drives and SB-Live cards... a couple Dell-PERCs (sweet raid controller)... and a bunch of other stuff that would probably make good prizes. I'm contemplating making a 'holy crap' prize with some of my custom modding or chroming, but that's in the future =p.

You sure are being generous! I give away some of my parts to folders when I can or sell them at a bargain price- but usually the stuff is sort of old or not very valuable. And I do what I can to donate my time to the team by developing Overclockix of course...

But I've got nothing in the generousity department compared to what you're offering up...

PS- As per rule #6, I acknowledge that you are my lord and master.

And you're right, this is about the chicks. They love to fold and to see my stats go :burn:

Hmmm... I'm thinking that spending a few bucks on shipping is a lot easier than the months of programming you've spent on overclockix =p.

You rule...
nooo.... YOU rule!
No.... YOU rule.

Hey, what part of Dallas are you in? I used to live in Valley Ranch (Irving) and went to school in Coppell.

Back