• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Team 32! *I Challenge You*

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
w00t
60.JPG

Now I have to keep this up for a week, right Vonkaar?
:D

Well... officially, the contest was won already... BUT wait!

First person to hit 70 cpus wins the Water-Cooling kit!

This could be a great race between the many people that y0bailey narrowly beat! Keep it going! Keep the race alive!

Sadly I don't know how many more CPUs I can get. I've pretty much maxed out, there's only a few more that I might be able to get. So far I've been denied access to teacher machines, but if I get those I'll go way past 100 CPUs :drool:
And vonkaar, is it to hit 70 CPUs or keep them for a week? I'm currently having problems keeping the CPU count up to the number I know are folding, probably because all my machines go for <40 hours a week. I might be able to peak at 70 sometime, but keeping it pegged there is going to be harder :(

1 day??? C'mon, I could dump extra clients on my oodles of XP's if I wanted to hit 70 CPU's for such a short period. Honesty is a big part of this contest, but at least requiring the count to be sustained forces some measure of honesty. Now maybe having some small bit of leniency regarding small fluctuations in count would be alright...

And 70 is a tough goal I'll admit, but we want permanent additions to the team here. Maybe none of us can reach that goal right away, but the contest goes through next year. And I suppose you'd let the person closest to the goal take home the prize or extend the contest if no one can reach the 70 mark? And those who qualify for the original 60-cpu's-for-a-week, can opt to drop out and accept a lesser prize?

I mean, no one said beating the great lord and master would be easy....

Edit: new desknote arrived and overclocked, new duallie parts arrived, AC fixed in the server room = 18 XP's folding again, plans being formed to re-borg an XP, 4 P3's, and a celeron. Highest personal count so far = 58, still aiming 5 cpu's above the mark. What can I say? Some people fold for glory!

Last edited:
Well, nobody will truly BEAT me... that's the whole irresistible force meets an immovable object paradox. It won't happen.

BUT... I wanna keep this alive as long as possible =p. I would want a longer period than one day for the 70 mark, but that would require my policing it longer than I have energy for =/.

How about... 3 days and it's up to ya'll to watch the competition and see if they ever dip below 70 =p. That sounds fun... good spirit of competition and all ^_^.

We just got in three more 2.6c's for my borging pleasure. I also setup an AMD2100 out of spare parts for a friend. Maybe I'll keep raising the bar as my 'actual' CPU count increases.

I just broke 60 active and intend to keep climbing.

Time to get a few P3s back in the fold from my old high school...

just got the fans in today...thanks vonkaar, they are sweet. too bad i couldnt find a place to fit those the 6inch monsters in yet. i am gonna have to go case shopping...hehe.

Awesome! Did I exaggerate on the quality of the packaging? I watched the shipping guys do it and couldn't believe how much bubble wrap and foam they used. yay!

Oddly enough, the 6" fans 'sort of' fit in a 120mm spot. Here, I'll show you what I mean. The cooling cube that comes with the water-cooling package uses standard 120mm fan holes. If you mount the 6" fan diagonally, the holes match up pretty well with the corner spots in a 120mm fan. My digital camera's batteries are dead so I lied on the 'show you' part :/. But... take one of the 120mm fans I gave you and line up two opposite corners on the two holes of the 6" fans. See how close they are?

Sooo... in theory, you could use these things on your typical 120mm slot, just make sure it has plenty of support because those fans are HEAVY. If you do this you'll probably also want to make some rubber grommets for the holes (and probably the whole circumference of the 6") to cut down on vibration. Case airflow will NEVER be a problem though... that's with only one fan =p. It's up to you to find a use for the second fan tee hee.

68 active... 63 with my self-imposed 5 cpu handicap. Starting to wonder if my Overclockix CD is in fact borging the CPU's of unsuspecting non OC-forums Linux users....

Edit: which reminds me I really need to edit the installer script so that it automatically installs the folding service for those who hdd-install. Sure I could maybe make it prompt the user for a yes/no response regarding the folding service, but all of a sudden I seem to be lacking confidence in my scripting abilities and think that maybe I'll just have to install it by default. ;)

Now I ask you- does 100+ hours dedicated to the cause in order to create a folding CD operating system (well tweak on an existing OS, anyway) that just happens to borg the CPU's of the unsuspecting, is that cheating? I mean, I really created it for my fellow team members and for all folders (and crunchers too) to use for cheap farming. Its just a side effect that non-folding people use it and wind up folding for me....

7 more to go....

Last edited:
Not cheating! Definitely not cheating!

You need to hurry up and finish the borg on those last few PCs =p. This maze2 is living a humiliating life as a paperweight and I'm feeling bad about it 8(

Please clarify :)

As an avid hockey fan, I must go OT to ask what hockey thing you are PO'ed about?!?

On topic, however, I am new and just joined team 32! Looks like a good group of folks here! :thup:

vonkaar said:
Oh... I don't ship to Canada. The rest of the world, yes... but I'm still bitter over the whole Hockey thing, so no Canada ^_^

I 2nd that CONG!!

We now have 14 red and I think around 18 orange.

Great Job GOOD TEAM!!
:beer: :beer: :beer:

I just took down a 1.8ghz P4 today but it'll be back up in a couple of days.

On the plus side, I just added 2 AMD 2500+ o/c'd to 2.2ghz :D

Hopefully, I'll be able to catch Fast420A now :p:D

-Bobby

Back