• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thiddy needs a case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Nice case, and I do like the aggressive look of the front n all, but it there really that much room in there? From the pics, it just doesn't look like as huge a case as everyone makes it out to be, but more of the mid-tower sizes.

I guess I'm just too used to the a71. :p

It really isn't terribly roomy inside. It's not as much room as it should have for as large as the case is on the outside. It's a really great case, don't get me wrong, just not as roomy as you might hope it would be from the footprint. And I got rid of mine because it was my first and probably last case with a door. It's just a pain to have to open and close the door each time you want to open or close the DVD drive or adjust the fan controller, etc.

It's just a pain to have to open and close the door each time you want to open or close the DVD drive or adjust the fan controller, etc.
Yes, but this one has a better door than all other cases. You can switch which way it opens in about 60 seconds AND it bends outwards so that you can have items that stick out of the bays (fan controllers) and still be able to close it :)

Yes, but this one has a better door than all other cases. You can switch which way it opens in about 60 seconds AND it bends outwards so that you can have items that stick out of the bays (fan controllers) and still be able to close it :)

Definitely true. As far as doored cases go, it's probably one of the best (at least one of the best I've seen I guess. :) )

I have been really interested in the Cosmos since it came out, but the main thing I didn't like was the door. Since they came out with the Cosmos S, I cannot wait until I can get one. It's almost as sexy to me as the SS TJ-07. :)

Definitely true. As far as doored cases go, it's probably one of the best (at least one of the best I've seen I guess. :) )

I have been really interested in the Cosmos since it came out, but the main thing I didn't like was the door. Since they came out with the Cosmos S, I cannot wait until I can get one. It's almost as sexy to me as the SS TJ-07. :)

I am thinking of getting the Cosmos S or the Silverstone TJ07.. Which one do you think is a better case in term of Air Flow and cable management??

I am thinking of getting the Cosmos S or the Silverstone TJ07.. Which one do you think is a better case in term of Air Flow and cable management??

The cosmos S looks to have a lot more fans and stuff. The only negative thing I've heard about it is the hard drive cooling is a little tame. I've not seen either case in person though, so I can't really say for sure. only what I can go by with reviews and pictures and such.

The cosmos S looks to have a lot more fans and stuff. The only negative thing I've heard about it is the hard drive cooling is a little tame. I've not seen either case in person though, so I can't really say for sure. only what I can go by with reviews and pictures and such.

I just came from Fry's today to look at the Cosmos S. To my surprise, I found quiet a bit of flaw for this case.
1. I cannot close the drive bay secure slots. (The 2 of the clips that are suppose to lock the drive in front of the case.)
2. It is so easy to open the side panel that I am afraid it would break off just as easily.
3. Cables hole is not really that big. I saw a unit with the Cooler Master REAL POWER inside and the thick cables are having a difficult time to squeeze through the hole in order to go to the back of the case.

I guess air flow is not really a problem in this case due to the maximum number of fan placement and vents that allow air to go in and out of the case easily. But, its small engineering flaw prevent me from picking 1 up today.:)

Thiddy...

I know you recently got your new case and all, but look at this Beaut Lan-Li just released. :drool:

http://www.sundialmicro.com/lianli_mid-tower-pcv1010b_1928_1335.html

pcv1010b_main.jpg

pcv1010-4.jpg

pcv1010-6.jpg

pcv1010-10.jpg

I'm quite tempted to pick one up.

With the armor, I could have the control panel, dvd drive and a fan controller while keeping the 120.3 in the 5.25 bays.
timeout. you had room for a fan controller AND optical drive (with 120.3 up front)?

I need to take another look at the TT armor. :beer:

can these fit a long PSU & h2O too (eg pcp&c 1kw)?? where do the HDDs go if you take up all the front space like that? ...off to find a thread with pics of water cooling setups & TT armor!

Yes, that is WoW, bite me >.>
ROFL.. that was classic.. i was reading through and thinking to myself? "wtf.. is that WOW?".. and then read the text lol

congrats on the new case!:beer::beer:

timeout. you had room for a fan controller AND optical drive (with 120.3 up front)?

I need to take another look at the TT armor. :beer:

can these fit a long PSU (eg pcp&c 1kw)?? where do the HDDs go if you take up all the front space like that? ...off to find a thread with pics of water cooling setups & TT armor!
Pretty sure that is what I had, let me see if I can locate a picture. Not sure on the 1k unit, but I know there is a TON of space...I'm pretty sure it will though

ROFL.. that was classic.. i was reading through and thinking to myself? "wtf.. is that WOW?".. and then read the text lol
HEY!!....:D

congrats on the new case!:beer::beer:
Thanks! I really like it so far. The only "quirk" is the side panels, sometimes they just don't want to go on. When you DO get them on, they are NOT coming off unless you really want them to :beer:

:sn: edit: After reviewing a really horrible picture of the front, I have come to the conclusion that I only had the power bay and a dvd drive. If you look at the "pad" for the hinges, it lines up perfectly with the second slot.

IMG_0752.jpg

11-133-037-03.jpg

Just got done re-wiring my entire case and doing a custom wire harness for the door (man, that took a bit of thinking!)

IMG_0203.jpg

IMG_0204.jpg

IMG_0205.jpg

IMG_0206.jpg

IMG_0207.jpg

That concludes today's broadcast :D

Lookin good thid .. did you have to drill any holes or anything to get the wires that clean on the the door? .. I'm thinking of painting the inside of mine black, think that'd look pretty cool .. Will have to cut some cable holes in the mobo tray too .. At the moment I only have the 24pin+8pin power cables coming in from behind and I had to splice up the 24pin to get that fit ..

Lookin good thid .. did you have to drill any holes or anything to get the wires that clean on the the door? .. I'm thinking of painting the inside of mine black, think that'd look pretty cool .. Will have to cut some cable holes in the mobo tray too .. At the moment I only have the 24pin+8pin power cables coming in from behind and I had to splice up the 24pin to get that fit ..
Nope, did not drill any holes in this case so far :)

I would go with Antec 900 case. this si a really good one. I have 6 fans in it so far and the tri-cools are awesome. The con is it will be crammed meaning not much free room.

I would go with Antec 900 case. this si a really good one. I have 6 fans in it so far and the tri-cools are awesome. The con is it will be crammed meaning not much free room.
I bought a case >.>

I've had it for several weeks now ;)

Back