• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thiddy needs a case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thiddy...amazing what interesting color schemes one can come up around midnight on a Friday night ;)

Last edited:
Just got the case in:

IMG_0178.jpg

Yes, that is WoW, bite me >.>

IMG_0179.jpg

IMG_0180.jpg

IMG_0181.jpg

Please ignore the wiring for now, I just wanted to get it up and running tonight. The door will have a very custom wiring harness that I will fabricate later along with putting in some newer (and quieter!) fans. The Panaflo on the top is not in use, I just sat it there and forgot to move it.

If anyone is looking to get this case, do it. This is the most well-built case that I have ever seen. What I didn't realize is that the silver (and maybe black) is actually brushed aluminum! I really do not want to sand that down, it is very sharp :)

I'm tempted to abort my mission of painting this case. It is also one of the first that I've seen that I can't find a single mod (yet!) to do to it! They did many little things to make the case better, and it really shows.

Very nice .. Although I do think you need some 120x38 fans on that TRUE to make it look even beastier :p ... You got any fans mouted at the front?
1 for now, I'll either add another HDD bay or just a 120mm fan...this thing has tons already o_O

Could that case fit an MCR320, 4 HDDs, and a DVD drive in front?
I will take a guess and say...no.

With the armor, I could have the control panel, dvd drive and a fan controller while keeping the 120.3 in the 5.25 bays. This is much less than that. A 120.2 doesn't even look like it would fit.

I will take a guess and say...no.

With the armor, I could have the control panel, dvd drive and a fan controller while keeping the 120.3 in the 5.25 bays. This is much less than that. A 120.2 doesn't even look like it would fit.

You can definitely fit a 2x120, just not with 4 drives. I fit 1DVD, 2HD, and a 2x120 in the front:

Hey thideras,

I just had a quick question from your original post. . . .
[*]Thermaltake Armor (loved this case when I had it)

[*]Thermaltake Armor PLUS (HATE, DO NOT WANT, uglier than sin)
What is the major difference between the Armor and the Armor PLUS that caused you to love the former and hate the latter? . . . I'm just wondering because I'm in the process of setting up a new case and I decided to go with the Armor PLUS because of all the room, the ten PCI slots, seven 5.25" bays, five HDD bays, five 140mm fans, etc. . . . The only thing I don't care for is the flaps on the front of the case but the old Armor had that too. . . . So I'm just wondering what turned you off about the new Armor PLUS?

Hey thideras,

I just had a quick question from your original post. . . .What is the major difference between the Armor and the Armor PLUS that caused you to love the former and hate the latter? . . . I'm just wondering because I'm in the process of setting up a new case and I decided to go with the Armor PLUS because of all the room, the ten PCI slots, seven 5.25" bays, five HDD bays, five 140mm fans, etc. . . . The only thing I don't care for is the flaps on the front of the case but the old Armor had that too. . . . So I'm just wondering what turned you off about the new Armor PLUS?
Well, the 10 pounds of extra plastic they taped to the top and front, the side fan is worthless, placement of the hard drives...many many things. Overall, I just don't like the case. They included some nice features, but I think they overdid it.

You can definitely fit a 2x120, just not with 4 drives. I fit 1DVD, 2HD, and a 2x120 in the front:
:)

I was assuming that you used the included hard drive bay ;)

Well, the 10 pounds of extra plastic they taped to the top and front, the side fan is worthless, placement of the hard drives...many many things. Overall, I just don't like the case. They included some nice features, but I think they overdid it.

:)

I was assuming that you used the included hard drive bay ;)

Ahhh, no. That will not fit. But I used 5.25" to 3.5" adapters and all was well.

I think the hard drive bay they include is pretty crap so I too used 5.25 to 3.5 adapters for my 3 HDDs, I've then got a pair of fans in the front of mine as intake, moving air over the drives .. You can get 5.25" bay 120mm fan bays and with Yate Loons thing 20mm thick fans you can fit then in with the drives as well .. I agree with this being a case that's hard to improve tho .. I love mine :D

I think the hard drive bay they include is pretty crap so I too used 5.25 to 3.5 adapters for my 3 HDDs, I've then got a pair of fans in the front of mine as intake, moving air over the drives .. You can get 5.25" bay 120mm fan bays and with Yate Loons thing 20mm thick fans you can fit then in with the drives as well .. I agree with this being a case that's hard to improve tho .. I love mine :D
Ooohhh....I like it...I'll have to tinker :)

I must say that the included hdd cage is asinine...took me nearly 15 minutes to just put the *loaded* cage in the damn case. I like the idea you guys have....

Nice case, and I do like the aggressive look of the front n all, but it there really that much room in there? From the pics, it just doesn't look like as huge a case as everyone makes it out to be, but more of the mid-tower sizes.

I guess I'm just too used to the a71. :p

Nice case, and I do like the aggressive look of the front n all, but it there really that much room in there? From the pics, it just doesn't look like as huge a case as everyone makes it out to be, but more of the mid-tower sizes.

I guess I'm just too used to the a71. :p
I know exactly what you mean. I had the armor and you could basically use ALL the space inside of it. This one is more rounded than anything, so it seems much larger than it really is. It isn't small though, not by any means :)

Back