• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tube Cutter Preference Poll

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tube Cutter Preference

• Loose Razor Blade

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Handheld Razor Cutter

Votes: 23 15.1%
  • Ratcheting Razor Cutter

Votes: 16 10.5%
  • Kitchen Knife

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • Scissors

Votes: 64 42.1%
  • Pocket Knife

Votes: 13 8.6%
  • Teeth :)

Votes: 12 7.9%

• Total voters
[snip] ... though I may give the tree branch loppers a try sometime as that seems to be an easy idea I hadn't thought of.
I think you'll like them - much easier than scissors. The local hardware store used to use them for tubing until they got those "fancy" tubing cutters. IMO, the loppers worked better. Their tubing cutter blade will need to be replaced soon (after about a year of use), it's starting to bend sideways. The loppers were there for two years (that I know of) without problems ... :)

i use needle nose pliers to pinch the tubeing and then useing a razer i use the plires to holde the tubeing and as a guide. nice and straght cut.

I have a kitchen knife that cuts through anything like butter. It can even cut through a tuperware like if it were a banana. I would use that if I ever had to cut tubing.

Handheld Razor Cutter is close enough.

Ahh okay I got hte impression from the list that option was like a handheld tube (pipe) cutter. (you know the kind 2 wheels on one side blade on the other with a vise like attachement to squeeze them together?

Okay I will vote that :)

I use my tin snips. Cuts the tube, cuts sheet metal....whatever.

I would use a razor, but I've been so clumsy with my utility knife lately that I avoid heavy cuts with it. I sliced right into my knuckle recently just opening a bag of dog food!! Nice open exposed bone gash with that one....ugh.

good one :)

when i was little i was cutting up a golf ball because i was bored with a straight razor and i slipped thus slicing to the bone on my right index finger :p luckily i didn't need stitches because i sealed it up very good. can you even get stitches on your fingers?

good one :)

when i was little i was cutting up a golf ball because i was bored with a straight razor and i slipped thus slicing to the bone on my right index finger :p luckily i didn't need stitches because i sealed it up very good. can you even get stitches on your fingers?
Yes you can! :)
I've got 3 stitches in one finger and 2 in another from slicing open the end knuckle on the back side (right behind the finger nail) with a piece of metal ...

I usually just use a razor blade since there is usually a couple on my desk.

RIDGID TUBE CUTTER!

This was a no brainer for me as I wanted the cleanest cuts possible so that the tubing would go over the head of the barb and flush against the base of the shaft, sort of like ex Governor Spitzer's girl. :attn:
IMG_0314.jpg

Back