• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tube Cutter Preference Poll

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tube Cutter Preference

• Loose Razor Blade

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Handheld Razor Cutter

Votes: 23 15.1%
  • Ratcheting Razor Cutter

Votes: 16 10.5%
  • Kitchen Knife

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • Scissors

Votes: 64 42.1%
  • Pocket Knife

Votes: 13 8.6%
  • Teeth :)

Votes: 12 7.9%

• Total voters
I use a pair of wire cutters that can cut 0 gauge wire. It's more than enough for 1/2" tubing.

Man, it's been a long time since I have posted here!

I have a pair ( start laughing now ) of Sailor Moon scissors from the early '90s that cut through just about anything, within reason. The best pair i've ever had.

I use a pair of pruning shears if I'm in the garage. Otherwise I use a pair of Fiskars multi-purpose scissors that we keep in the kitchen. In a pinch I've used my pocket knife. But of the stuff I have at home the pruning shears cut the best.

I didn't know until this thread the RIGID made these. THAT might be worth buying but those "store" tube cutters suck!

The local hardware store uses one off their racks to cut tubing and it gets replaced about once a month. Of course that's business use, a lot more abuse over time than one of us would put them through, but I wouldn't want to ever buy another if I bought a special tool like that and doubt the "store" brands wouldn't last. I'd rather buy the small pruners and trim the bushes too ... ;)

I didn't know until this thread the RIGID made these. THAT might be worth buying but those "store" tube cutters suck!

The local hardware store uses one off their racks to cut tubing and it gets replaced about once a month. Of course that's business use, a lot more abuse over time than one of us would put them through, but I wouldn't want to ever buy another if I bought a special tool like that and doubt the "store" brands wouldn't last. I'd rather buy the small pruners and trim the bushes too ... ;)

Maybe, but I won't being using it on a regular basis, at least I hope I won't. :) If it's an issue of the blade growing dull, they sell replacements. As for now it works very well, better than anything else I've tried.

Maybe, but I won't being using it on a regular basis, at least I hope I won't. :) If it's an issue of the blade growing dull, they sell replacements. As for now it works very well, better than anything else I've tried.
No, no - I think you misunderstood. I wouldn't trust "store" brands.
RIGID makes very good tools, IMO. They're one of the few I would trust to do these right ... :):thup:

Back