• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Under $500! TigerDirect! lol

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Toallhisdoom

Hey so i saw the newegg under $500 challenge and liked it so i thought maybe we could do better using tiger direct? I took the best build from the new egg one and priced it out with the exact components, the only thing i couldn't find was the ram, and it came out to be a lot cheaper. So give it a shot guys lets see what you can do!

Be very careful with Tiger Direct. They can be deceptive in their advertising. Sometimes, for isntance, they will have a special deal on a CPU that is a odd ball OEM thing with half the normal amount of cache. Or they will offer a combo deal or a complete system with slower, older ram like DDR2 533 instead of DDR2 800 or some other inferior component. Be aware of not only what they say but what they don't say. Read the descriptions of the items very carefully and don't make any assumptions. Also be aware that Tiger Direct, unlike NewEgg, typically does not offer free shipping.

Back