• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgrade - New AMD A-Series - 500€

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Anything clears ripjaws as far as I know.
Change the fan if you get the A70. It's horribly loud and cheaply made IMO.

That relieves me.....was afraid it wouldn't fit in the case and would block first slots of ram
What do you mean changing the fans?
Changing the A70 fans?

Been researching alot and checking benchmarks and stuff and noticed

And the PSU is going to be tight so i saw this one

OCZ 550W Fatal1ty

I got myself a few extra euros so i have around 580-600€

Last edited:
Its really the first PC im building, thats why i want everything to be just right, i don't wanna regret later like "That one has better performance for about the same price"

Don't take me wrong, its just that, i wont upgrade anytime soon....

Cheers

We're kind of going in circles here I think. We have already worked out an ideal config for you. If you aren't buying it soon, the config will change. Try to do your config within one week of buying as prices and part availability changes, and new parts are always coming out.

Ok lets settle this then....

I have enough money to get that power supply, end of story, im going to buy it just in case, because the graphics card requires minimum 500W, so i think that its tight

Earlier, you were talking about changing the A70 fans?
How do i do that?

Ok lets settle this then....

I have enough money to get that power supply, end of story, im going to buy it just in case, because the graphics card requires minimum 500W, so i think that its tight

Earlier, you were talking about changing the A70 fans?
How do i do that?

Buy any other 120mm fan with a standard bracket and stick it on. :cool:
It just clicks on there with the included metal clips.
You can keep the Corsair fan, but it is LOUD. Too loud for me. And very loud for the amount of airflow.
An Antec Tricool, which is garbage itslef, is almost silent at the same fan speed as the Corsair makes a loud WHEEEEEEEEEEE sound.
I ripped every Corsair fan off my 650D and replaced them with Noctua.

Last edited:
Another thing, I want to OC the 955
But im a total greenhorn to OC

Only tried to overclock my P4, changing the FSB manually, but kept crashing on me, gave up on that

So i want to learn how to overclock, read a lot of tutorials, but Im still in blank :(

And Im afraid of damaging the hardware

Last edited:
Ok :)

I heard something like

Only mess with the multiplier?
Step by step, like, up a notch, and test it with prime 95

One thing i am concerned with are the voltages..... At a certain point, the computer starts to crash and, at that time, i increase the voltage, right?

Im really confused :(

Ok, monday we will get to that....I cant wait :D

With the corsair A70, can i reach 4.0Ghz

Im only asking :)

Last edited:
Back