• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Weird soft tubing question (smell)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bigtallanddopey

Just got some soft tubing from EK. It has a very unique and distinct w.e.e.d. Smell to it.

Is this what tube usually smells like, or has someone in EK’s warehouse been lighting up a few naughty cigarettes?

PM me a copy of the smell and I'll let you know.

Otherwise, the various makes and models of nylon outgas early in use, think new car smell.

Lol... I doubt it smells like weed and it wouldn't smell if joe employee at ek hot boxed and blew the exhale into the carton. :)

I've only dealt with their tubing twice and it smelled like normal tubing to me. :)

Lol... I doubt it smells like weed and it wouldn't smell if joe employee at ek hot boxed and blew the exhale into the carton. :)

I've only dealt with their tubing twice and it smelled like normal tubing to me. :)

The Mrs has told me to move it upstairs out of the way. It is quite pungent. And as most people know, weed has a distinct smell.

Maybe it’s a normal tube smell, but to both of us it seems a little fishy.

That's hilarious! Don't get a contact high! :)

Being serious... maybe soak it in a light soap mixture for a while and that will get rid of the smell? That's a good one. :)

maybe someone accidentally left their stash inside the tubing and you've become the (un?)lucky recipient. Honestly though I do remember a certain mild piney note to my PrimoChill tubing, so maybe that's what you're noting. Shouldn't be very strong though.

maybe someone accidentally left their stash inside the tubing and you've become the (un?)lucky recipient. Honestly though I do remember a certain mild piney note to my PrimoChill tubing, so maybe that's what you're noting. Shouldn't be very strong though.

I checked the whole box, could see anything. Thought I may be able to make a little money on the side. (To any police that isn’t serious)

Smells the whole room out. I will try soaking it in water and see if it helps.

I may just throw it out as I’m only keeping it as backup stuff. It came as part of a kit and I am going to use hardline tubing so it isn’t needed. But good to have around for filling/emptying loops.

Add a drop of soap to the water so as to break up any grease/oils that may be contributing to the odor. The equipment used to draw the tubing is oily and there is likely a very fine oily mist in the air around the equipment; been there, done that. The pine scent though, odd. That is usually associated with some type of nitrate.

Just got some soft tubing from EK. It has a very unique and distinct w.e.e.d. Smell to it.

Is this what tube usually smells like, or has someone in EKÂ’s warehouse been lighting up a few naughty cigarettes?

I got just my first soft tubing ever and it also smells like weed :D Easy way to smuggle I guess? :cool:

If it smells like garbage then that is fitting considering most ek products are just that. Just my personal opinion.

Seriously though, I wouldn't worry about the smell of a product unless it is strong enough to smell outside of the computer.

Back