• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED What did you get today?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I can only imagine the PPD on that thing. :drool:

It was showing 1.2 million PPD before I went to bed. I didn't get a chance to check this morning before I went to work.

I started a thread in the folding forum...will update this over the next few days! :thup:

found a 24" refurb monitor on the Egg and it arrived this morning, makes it a whole lot easier on my failing eyesight.

20160908_071801.jpg

$89 with free shipping, HP 24uh, refurbed by HP and in very good clean condition.

found a 24" refurb monitor on the Egg and it arrived this morning, makes it a whole lot easier on my failing eyesight.

View attachment 183128

$89 with free shipping, HP 24uh, refurbed by HP and in very good clean condition.

Nice find. Not sure I'd have the icons that small or lettering if you have eyesight issues.

Got this yesterday and finished it off this morning. Not bad little time waster.

For a second there, I thought that was a 120mm fan. :rofl:

Just hangover Thursday's here. Carry on.

Got to get started on some VHS conversions.

IMG_0565.JPG
(For some reason, it keeps my image sideways every time I upload it when in reality it isn't.)

Too lazy to grab everything I've put away and so I'll just post a shot of the list of things I got.

Capture.JPG

I picked up a MonoPrice Maker Select Mini 3D Printer (my 4th)

This one is for small jobs like drive rails, fan ducts, network jack covers, CAC Card holders, etc.

Has a heated bed and is capable of printing with every major filament; PLA, ABS, PET, Bridge, etc. Not bad for $199.

153651.jpg

I picked up a MonoPrice Maker Select Mini 3D Printer (my 4th)

This one is for small jobs like drive rails, fan ducts, network jack covers, CAC Card holders, etc.

Has a heated bed and is capable of printing with every major filament; PLA, ABS, PET, Bridge, etc. Not bad for $199.

View attachment 183150

Nice, did you actually get it yet? Got my dad the first gen Maker Select and he likes it, been eyeing the Mini for my apartment for some time now.

Nice, did you actually get it yet? Got my dad the first gen Maker Select and he likes it, been eyeing the Mini for my apartment for some time now.

It arrives in the morning. Been waiting 2+ months for it to show as in stock at amazon. These are pretty difficult to catch there "in stock" due to their popularity so I jumped on it today as soon as I saw it was available.

It arrives in the morning. Been waiting 2+ months for it to show as in stock at amazon. These are pretty difficult to catch there "in stock" due to their popularity so I jumped on it today as soon as I saw it was available.

Wow, that is really cool.

I've always wanted a 3d printer but don't have the desk space nor $1,000 to put down on it. What's the catch? It just can't print as big of objects?

Wow, that is really cool.

I've always wanted a 3d printer but don't have the desk space nor $1,000 to put down on it. What's the catch? It just can't print as big of objects?

He just said the Monoprice one is $200.

If you're worried about the size it can print compare the build volume to other printers.

He just said the Monoprice one is $200.

If you're worried about the size it can print compare the build volume to other printers.

I know, that's why I'm asking what features it's missing, because I don't know much about 3d Printers =P

That Monoprice one seems too good to be true is all, takes every filament, is $200... like damn my SSD was $100 more than that XD

I know, that's why I'm asking what features it's missing, because I don't know much about 3d Printers =P

That Monoprice one seems too good to be true is all, takes every filament, is $200... like damn my SSD was $100 more than that XD

Smaller print size most likely. But the cost of 3D printers has been dropping significantly, and the Monoprice printers seem to be on the cheaper side while still being reasonably solid. Paid $350 for my dads and it has the features of a $600 or so printer, and well it hasn't broken yet.

Missing features?
None.

3D Printers are marketed much like how automobiles are marketed to different "segments" of the market as a whole.

I wanted a single-extrusion, small-to-medium build area printer that can handle all sorts of different filaments. This one does that, and does it well. It prints a bit slower than my other ones, but not so slowly that it's an impediment.

If I want larger, or multi-color prints, I can use my Creator X dual extruder printer using almost any type filament
If I want a really large build area print of any type filament, I can use my Rostock V5.
If I want a set-it-and-forget-it print using PLA I can use my Replicator 2.

I can't speak to longevity since I haven't had it a long time.

Decided it was about time I went QHD 21:9 monitor, ordered an Acer XR341CK which arrived last night (it's 12:10am now) and though I'm stoked about getting it, it's been a long day at work and I'm rather pooped. Will get around setting it up over the weekend....
Acer%20box_zpsjviyg0kb.jpg

I absolutely feel in love with my 21:9 monitor. I use mine mostly for excel and Microsoft project instead off gaming though. It has spoiled me and I hate working on more squarish monitors now. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine.

I will, except I now have a fair bit of work to do. I'm gonna have to move my 2x GTX Titan 6GB rig to my 29" 2560x1080 monitor because it seems the XR341CK doesn't play nice with nVidia cards (prolly SLi systems), I have res at 3440x1440 BUT at only 30Hz (from what I've read on the net, there's no solution yet for this issue). I ain't bothered as I have another two systems with AMD cards (2x R9 290X, 2x HD7950) which this badboy has no issue with, so I'm gonna have to shift my 2x R9 290X setup to this monitor for some Freesync gaming. My two nVidia powered rigs (the other has 2x GTX670) will be for my AOC 29" 2560x1080 monitor.

Whoooo finally bought the fans + i bought headphones for school :)
IMG-20160915-WA0015.jpg

Gonna mod the GPU today or tomorrow.

Back