• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Who would help me from the start with overclocking my FX 8350.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
need an answer for this error

I did bump Vcore twice at 1.452 bios and bump cpu/nb at 1,25162, and leave the DramV at 1,5 and cpu at 4,94Ghz.

Do i need much more Vcore for this overclock?

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    291.3 KB · Views: 102
No that's a slight over volt. But just like any overclocking the risk is totally yours if you choose to run outside factory specifications. That being said overvolting will help with some ram and not others it all depends on the chips in the ram itself. G.Skill is usually pretty good about a little extra volts. Like I said earlier The CPU_NB voltage will need to be raised as well since the faster the ram goes the harder the controller works as well.

No that's a slight over volt. But just like any overclocking the risk is totally yours if you choose to run outside factory specifications. That being said overvolting will help with some ram and not others it all depends on the chips in the ram itself. G.Skill is usually pretty good about a little extra volts. Like I said earlier The CPU_NB voltage will need to be raised as well since the faster the ram goes the harder the controller works as well.

many thanks Johan, im in the risk area at the moment.
Because i havent an moneytree in the backgarden i will stop OC higher then 4.8ghz and try to begin and learn fine tuning.

need an answer for this error

I did bump Vcore twice at 1.452 bios and bump cpu/nb at 1,25162, and leave the DramV at 1,5 and cpu at 4,94Ghz.

Do i need much more Vcore for this overclock?

That all depends on your chip. You've already went way past what I could at 1.45v, you obviously have a much better chip than i do.
That being said once I got to that point I needed a whole lot of V_core to get close to 5.0G when I say a whole lot I mean It. Check this thread, It's not for the squeamish:rofl:
How much you need is up to the chip and there's only one way to find out.

That all depends on your chip. You've already went way past what I could at 1.45v, you obviously have a much better chip than i do.
That being said once I got to that point I needed a whole lot of V_core to get close to 5.0G when I say a whole lot I mean It. Check this thread, It's not for the squeamish:rofl:
How much you need is up to the chip and there's only one way to find out.

i was a little bit scary haha

Lets go for the 4.9ghz lol

im testing at 4.9ghz

So Johan while Oldie is testing what would be a good every day OC for this set up?? AJ. ;)

P.S. The TEMPIN2 Johan i take that is a broken sensor or false reading yes! :shrug:

For me Oldie i would call it a day before anything gets hurt or damaged as you have had a very good run. Time to back it down and tweak it for everyday!!

Last edited:
So Johan while Oldie is testing what would be a good every day OC for this set up?? AJ. ;)

P.S. The TEMPIN2 Johan i take that is a broken sensor or false reading yes! :shrug:

that tempin2 is a deadsensor i have read about it.

And i think an everyday Oc will be 4,6 Ghz johan ever say.

And i cant get it stable at 4,93Ghz windows freeze everytime, i dont get it

I try to use the setting from Rgone treat post nr 10 but that didnt help

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=724953

I have no doubt that 4.9 is going to take more power than you'll be happy with Oldie. And yes if anything on your board was that hot you'd hear some popping or something.

4.6 is a good range for everyday computing temps are great and voltage is low, we'll play around with the ram and NB/HT if you want Oldie. Did you notice like i said earlier the drop in maxmem when you dropped the NB?

I have no doubt that 4.9 is going to take more power than you'll be happy with Oldie. And yes if anything on your board was that hot you'd hear some popping or something.

4.6 is a good range for everyday computing temps are great and voltage is low, we'll play around with the ram and NB/HT if you want Oldie. Did you notice like i said earlier the drop in maxmem when you dropped the NB?

Yes johan i did notice that and yes you are right its the end i will quit now for trying 4,9Ghz .
But what do you mean about that dropped NB, i notice that Maxmemm dropped with a lower NB. But we want more perfomace right?
Explain pease

Just the language barrier. I meant performance dropped when you lowered the NB frequency.

Just the language barrier. I meant performance dropped when you lowered the NB frequency.

Ok now i understand, there will be a time that i learn English well.

Now im going do some bench test and find the best performance with the 4.6Ghz oc. Do some fine tuning with the Voltage's, and testing NB and HT
I will stay on this Topic's and show you guys some results,
When i need some advice then i will ask for it.
If someone want give advice please do it

For so far many many many thanks everyone for helping to getting this nice OC

And johan you are the best:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Oldie

Last edited:
Hello Guys:attn:

Just wanne now or these setting allowed for everyday use.

I know the temps are ok but i wanne know or the Vcore is allright for 24H

Oldie

Edit: bussy with tweaking

Attachments

• everydayuse.jpg
    everydayuse.jpg
    426.7 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
benckmarks

there is something that i cant understand.
When i increase the Dram V i get an higher performance in CineBench, but lower performance in MaxxMem.
Do i need better Ram performance or do i need better OpenGl and Cpu score?

Omg i make a big mistake, more Dram V less performance in Open-GL more performance Memory-copy but lower performance Memory- read - write

dram V 1.51875V

edit: i hope you can understand what i mean.

Attachments

• 4.78ram1.51875.jpg
    4.78ram1.51875.jpg
    315.8 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:

Oldie

Yes they're fine. I run 1.45-47 daily.

benckmarks

When i increase the Dram V i get an higher performance in CineBench, but lower performance in MaxxMem.

Omg i make a big mistake, more Dram V less performance in Open-GL more performance Memory-copy but lower performance Memory- read - write

dram V 1.51875V

Benchmarks will vary from run to run even the maxxmem will. You're well within the margin of error.

Oldie

Edit: bussy with tweaking

Yes they're fine!

benckmarks

dram V 1.51875V

Benchmarks will vary from run to run. Run it twice and you'll get a different result.

Yes the NB plays an important role in the FX chips will improve video and CPU scores.

OOps not sure how I managed the double post. You're doing fine Oldie

Yes they're fine!

Benchmarks will vary from run to run. Run it twice and you'll get a different result.

Yes the NB plays an important role in the FX chips will improve video and CPU scores.

OOps not sure how I managed the double post. You're doing fine Oldie

Well that is what i wanne know , great Johan im really glad about it.

Wow that tweaking is much more intensive and time consuming, but it's fun.

Im also bussy with learning tighting the ram settings

Tnx Johan

Attachments

• tightingram.jpg
    tightingram.jpg
    315.4 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Back