• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Who would help me from the start with overclocking my FX 8350.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ajay is on Intel not AMD.
Bobert...

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
You crack me up

The benching is alot of fun Oldie but you'll do things to that machine that just might not be acceptable in the mainstream :clap:

Not only he's got the Bug, but maybe a Fever running with it, what now "Benching" what ever next!! :eek: :shock:

Just a Joke buddy, just to let know if its lost in the translation! ;)

Where both having some fun with you by teasing you Oldie about what's next!!

Last edited:
We say bug for a flu which comes with a fever. Same idea for OC you got the bug now comes the fever. In other words it gets worse. :rofl:

Ok guys i was thinking about joining a Bench team and they need a few test results.
So i was starting downloading and installing 3Dmark5 and afther that i did a test with it. But in the second halve Windows freeze , i was thinking that was the cpu run in 3dmark5 . And i needed a full system restart.

I did the same test with stock cpu settings and did the test again with 3dmark5 without problems.

What you guys think about this, do i have a unstable system?

oldie

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7510979#post7510979

Last edited:
Sounds like something is fishy to me. Do you have the GFX OC'd as well ?
EDIT: Just read your other post and my first guess would be the ram or CPU_NB giving you the problems. What are the frequencies and voltages for those atm?

Last edited:
Sounds like something is fishy to me. Do you have the GFX OC'd as well ?
EDIT: Just read your other post and my first guess would be the ram or CPU_NB giving you the problems. What are the frequencies and voltages for those atm?

Hello Johan thanks for jumping in

I did not Oc the GFX,

CPU/NB 1.25v
Dram 1.5v
HT/NB 2600 Mhz
ram 1932Mhz

Oldie

Like I said yesterday for my set-up with the NB @ 2500 my CPU_NB voltage is 1.325v I just went into the bios to check I also run my ram .05v over as well. Now your chip seems to be better behaved than mine so you may not need as much but I do think it's too low for that frequency. All you can do is raise it a bit and test it. I have to warn you though that more voltage to the CPU_NB will raise your core temps since it is part of the CPU.

Like I said yesterday for my set-up with the NB @ 2500 my CPU_NB voltage is 1.325v I just went into the bios to check I also run my ram .05v over as well. Now your chip seems to be better behaved than mine so you may not need as much but I do think it's too low for that frequency. All you can do is raise it a bit and test it. I have to warn you though that more voltage to the CPU_NB will raise your core temps since it is part of the CPU.

Tnx Johan

I give it a try but i cant understand why Prime was stable for 3 hours then

oldie

Prime runs through cycles of calculations. I think about 8 Hrs is one full cycle. People can be stable with prime and have continuous crashes when using F@H. Different types of calculations , video is quite memory intensive hence the crashes when the IMC is really worked.
Try a quick check Oldie drop the NB frequency one step and see if you still crash, this will help for problem solving.

Would it make any Difference if you loosen the timings and drop back down to 1866 as well?? Since you mention the Ram Johan?

He has 966.7 x 2 = 1933.4 MHZ.

And 2610.2 NB!

Yeah where back to the tweaking again to stable the day to day OC!

Looks like Oldie has gone for a spot of lunch buddy!

Last edited:
The problem lies there Ajay, it's one or the other. @ 2000 MHz I run my timings at 10-11-10-30-41 1T and 1.6v and that NB voltage is too low.

Prime runs through cycles of calculations. I think about 8 Hrs is one full cycle. People can be stable with prime and have continuous crashes when using F@H. Different types of calculations , video is quite memory intensive hence the crashes when the IMC is really worked.
Try a quick check Oldie drop the NB frequency one step and see if you still crash, this will help for problem solving.

Pieuwww Johan OC is really complicated:p

I did up the cpu/nb to 1.2650v and DramV 1.55v but didnt help.

Now i wil lower the NB

oldie

Back