• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Who calls this the proper way to ship equipment?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
shenanigans i say someone needs to be checking stuff like that.

i ordered 2 drives and a Radeon card from new egg and they came with lil foam bits alteast

the drives were external and came with consumer packaging but still

That's why I'm so surprised. Every other time I ordered something aside from cases, it came in it's own packaging plus a larger box with packing peanuts.

Holy crap! That is totally unacceptable! I would have not touched anything and have newegg send a return shipping label and send it all back. Now if anything is damaged/defective it will be your word against theirs. Very odd as newegg's shipping has always been top notch. From the times I've ordered from them the items arrived so well packed, they can drop it from the plane and upon landing nothing even remotely shifted, much less arrive damaged.

I wish you luck.

Hmm let us see here...

Heavy UPS on top? Check

Minimal padding? Check

HDDs UNDER heavy object with minimal padding? Check

Nope, that is a perfectly acceptable packing job, assuming you like broken things.. I would have been hard pressed to sign for that package but I definetely would NOT have touched anything after I opened it and saw that. Newegg would be paying for the entire package to go back and also would be sending everything ordered new.. I wouldnt have accepted anything in that order due to the fact that the UPS was put on top without padding.. That much weight in an oversized box puts alot of questions in my mind.

Yeah I probably should have left it as-is, but I figure I've been a loyal customer in the past and if they give me crap for it I have no problem taking my business elsewhere.

I'd be more worried about the UPS than the drives. Hard drives can take quite a beating when they're powered off. A UPS, however, isn't held together by a heavy magnet and an internal vacuum, and cased in a tightly-packed metal brick.

Hello Freakdiablo,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. The packing for this order is unacceptable. If you could please contact me at [email protected] or call me at 1800-390-1119 ext 25062 to provide me with the order number or invoice number, I can forward this to our warehouse department for review. Should you require a replacement do not hesitate to contact me, I would be more than happy to assist you personally.

Respectfully,

Newegg.com

I love the way Newegg packs, throw some paper in a box and put the CPU in with everything.

If I'm ordering $1800 worth of stuff I expect styrofoam and those air bags that Amazon uses.

I didn't want to complain because my parts were still working and I wanted to setup my new rig, but Newegg definitely needs a new standard for shipping.

I love the way Newegg packs, throw some paper in a box and put the CPU in with everything.

If I'm ordering $1800 worth of stuff I expect styrofoam and those air bags that Amazon uses.

I didn't want to complain because my parts were still working and I wanted to setup my new rig, but Newegg definitely needs a new standard for shipping.
If you don't complain, nothing will change.

Hello Freakdiablo,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. The packing for this order is unacceptable. If you could please contact me at [email protected] or call me at 1800-390-1119 ext 25062 to provide me with the order number or invoice number, I can forward this to our warehouse department for review. Should you require a replacement do not hesitate to contact me, I would be more than happy to assist you personally.

Respectfully,

Newegg.com

Heck yeah :beer: :salute: :beer:

Attachments

• maverick.jpg
    maverick.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 376
Alright, just sent him an email with the order number and said that just by looking at stuff I already know one of the fans is broken. Might not get a reply till Monday or Tuesday though.

Alright, just sent him an email with the order number and said that just by looking at stuff I already know one of the fans is broken. Might not get a reply till Monday or Tuesday though.

Again, I strongly suggest that you work with Newegg for an entire new order regardless of what APPEARS to work. The last thing you need/want is for some issue to pop up at 31 days or so.

I recently bought a keyboard and router off of newegg and it came packed all half-*** like that as well. I've bought so many things and had good packing on all so I chalked it up as fluke but yours got me thinking again. My router had no popcorn at all in a box twice the size of the retail pack and the keyboard was in some shrink wrap type cardboard deal that was paper thin.

Good to see the newegg rep on it as usual though. :thup:

I recently bought a keyboard and router off of newegg and it came packed all half-*** like that as well. I've bought so many things and had good packing on all so I chalked it up as fluke but yours got me thinking again. My router had no popcorn at all in a box twice the size of the retail pack and the keyboard was in some shrink wrap type cardboard deal that was paper thin.

Good to see the newegg rep on it as usual though. :thup:

The paper must be alot cheaper, as I've been seeing it a LOT more lately. Used to be those great newegg peanuts that I used to have boxes and boxes of. Now it's some cheap brown paper which is really disappointing.

I'm not sure that brown paper is really much cheaper than the foam peanuts, since you need a lot more of it to fill the same volume. Paper isn't "fluffy" like a pile of peanuts. If it is some misguided effort to be more environmentally friendly, then water-soluble peanuts or the recyclable inflatable bags would be a better choice, IMHO.

Again, I strongly suggest that you work with Newegg for an entire new order regardless of what APPEARS to work. The last thing you need/want is for some issue to pop up at 31 days or so.

Well at this point my reaction depends a lot on the reps/neweggs response. If it's simply "Ok, warehouse management has been notified. Thanks for contacting us." Then I'll just get pissed off. Well, more pissed. If they agree to something like replacing the order, then yeah, I won't hesitate.

I've always gotten perfectly packaged boxes from newegg. :thup: plenty of packing peanuts and nothing ever damaged. This must've slipped through. :-/

The last year or so it's been a bit of a grab bag as far as Newegg's packing has been for me. Sometimes the orders are well packed and others have been delivered in close to the condition of this order. Luckily for me nothing has been broken on any of my orders.

Customer service is a great thing

Hello Freakdiablo,

Respectfully,

Newegg.com

I'd be more worried about the UPS than the drives. Hard drives can take quite a beating when they're powered off. A UPS, however, isn't held together by a heavy magnet and an internal vacuum, and cased in a tightly-packed metal brick.

I've loaded/unloaded thousands of UPS without any packing material whatsoever. I think they are ship ready packed.

Back