• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Talking mining rigs, out puts, setup and others.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Nice silver. No graffiti?

Q: Why 2 hard drives? I'm assuming this is for mining, and I know you like using windows for teamviewer.

Thanks Blaylock!

I actually have 3 drives.
What you see in the pic is my sig rig :D

2 drives for RAID 0 + the Samsung I bought here in the classies for backups and imaging.

And yes, no graffiti! :p
I'm hopeing I can add some plexiglass and LED's for cool lighting, but we'll see how it goes. :)

Build complete!

And after a few tense hours of BSOD's, Pci slots "dying" and booting issues, it's done and finally stable!

6850 is @ 70C mining standard scrypt.
270x is @ 76C mining standard scrypt.
:thup:

I must say, I'm very pleased with it.
So thanks dad for helping me build it! :)

Plexiglass top
IMG285.jpg

IMG286.jpg

Just needs more case lighting and it's golden!
IMG287.jpg

And after a few tense hours of BSOD's, Pci slots "dying" and booting issues, it's done and finally stable!

6850 is @ 70C mining standard scrypt.
270x is @ 76C mining standard scrypt.
:thup:

I must say, I'm very pleased with it.
So thanks dad for helping me build it! :)

Nice work!

Congrats! :clap:

I find that once I started making benching stations, it becomes more satisfying to make exactly what I need, rather than 'make do'.

Nice work!

Congrats! :clap:

I find that once I started making benching stations, it becomes more satisfying to make exactly what I need, rather than 'make do'.

Yeah, sense of accomplishment too :D

Lol, no graffiti on this case too! :p

Looks good silver! Could get those cards cooler if you put the hdds behind the psu, and moved the mobo up closer the psu. Just an idea for next time.

Looks good silver! Could get those cards cooler if you put the hdds behind the psu, and moved the mobo up closer the psu. Just an idea for next time.

Thanks!
Yeah, no doubt this is the first of a few cases to be made, I just need more GPU's now! :D

:D It looks good, and works!

You should apply some kind of dark varnish to make it look better. (and polish it lol)

Hmmmm. Good idea Ivan!

We do have a paint can of "Dark Walnut" stain to use :p

Actually, that would blend in with my flooring nicely... :thup:

I just noticed your fan grill silver :facepalm: :chair:

Also, how long is your 270x? Mine measures 11.5 inches, a full inch and a half more than the specs say it is ><

do be careful, that stuff is flammable
Yup. Though the cards never exceeds 80C it seems :thup:
I just noticed your fan grill silver :facepalm: :chair:

Also, how long is your 270x? Mine measures 11.5 inches, a full inch and a half more than the specs say it is ><

:eek:

My 270x is 8.5 inches

EDIT: :facepalm: Forgot to explain the grill. It's to keep my cat out of the fan!

Last edited:
Just bought .5btc worth of LTC today for .024, gives me about 40ltc in holding, hope it pays off for me.

I also officially got my BTC out of cryptorush... in a less than ideal way. I had .17btc stuck there and with no end in sight I bought into overpriced UTC and withdrew.

Just bought .5btc worth of LTC today for .024, gives me about 40ltc in holding, hope it pays off for me.

I also officially got my BTC out of cryptorush... in a less than ideal way. I had .17btc stuck there and with no end in sight I bought into overpriced UTC and withdrew.

Is that seriously the only way?
I have 0.02 or something stuck in there, and it's where I trade my MYR :-/

Back