• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sandy's 5970 thread...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hers a few pics for you guys... Yeh im not gonna do any benches tonight, think il just enjoy some BC2 in DX11... need to OC my i7 again coz i set it back to stock clocks when it was crashing...

Attachments

• DSCF0403.JPG
    DSCF0403.JPG
    164.1 KB · Views: 666
  • DSCF0404.JPG
    DSCF0404.JPG
    207.1 KB · Views: 667
  • DSCF0405.JPG
    DSCF0405.JPG
    202 KB · Views: 665
put a block on that beast and go for some REAL Oc's.

Ha!! After the purchase of this bad boy im a bit low on funds for a water block... soon hopefully... stock cooler is actually not bad, got the fan at 40% and it idles low 30's and load is low 60's... not bad!!

and yes i know my computer is a bit dusty... im gonna break down and clean my water loop within the next few weeks so it will get a good clean then... :D

Ha!! After the purchase of this bad boy im a bit low on funds for a water block... soon hopefully... stock cooler is actually not bad, got the fan at 40% and it idles low 30's and load is low 60's... not bad!!

Yeah the coolers aren't to shabby, kick your fan speed up to 100 and see how high you can get your clocks. I'm curious as to how well the cooler does when the core is at 1 Ghz.

and yes i know my computer is a bit dusty... im gonna break down and clean my water loop within the next few weeks so it will get a good clean then... :D

Yep, that'll do it for you! It's an awesome stock cooler!

Ok maybe one benchmark.... Isn't my cpu score quite low?

Attachments

• Vantage5970.jpg
    Vantage5970.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 655
looks realy good man...have u had anymore issues? and looks like its preforming nicely sweet, finally got my plan together to purchase my new stuff so ill start a thread when i get it...also have you got cryis 2...id like to know the av fps for that card ...im posting all this in one post cos i have been reset for "overposting" most of which were on ur last thread...im not a fan but meh

looks realy good man...have u had anymore issues? and looks like its preforming nicely sweet, finally got my plan together to purchase my new stuff so ill start a thread when i get it...also have you got cryis 2...id like to know the av fps for that card ...im posting all this in one post cos i have been reset for "overposting" most of which were on ur last thread...im not a fan but meh

Nope no issues now since i have disabled my second monitor... it's amazing how much you miss something when it's gone...

Crysis 2 isn't out till later on this year... i will run the Crysis benchmark today and see what i get... :D

hahahaha sorry i call crysis warhead crysis 2 for some reason :S oh well that sjust me lol yeah well crysis warhead then

I can't do crysis warhead coz i have no idea where my disc is... you will just have to make do with normal crysis, need to nip to my dads first as im buying a tv off him... il do some benching when i get back...

Hey Sandy, for 4GHz, your CPU score is about right in Vantage - it will fluctuate slightly every time you run the benchmrk. 4.2GHz yields around 25500 CPU score for me.
Your overall Vantage score looks good though. 30K is possible, but will take a pretty aggressive overclock - and get that manual fan setting working. Once you do, create a fan profile in MSI Afterburner and run benchmarks til your dizzy!

Hey Sandy, for 4GHz, your CPU score is about right in Vantage - it will fluctuate slightly every time you run the benchmrk. 4.2GHz yields around 25500 CPU score for me.
Your overall Vantage score looks good though. 30K is possible, but will take a pretty aggressive overclock - and get that manual fan setting working. Once you do, create a fan profile in MSI Afterburner and run benchmarks til your dizzy!

Cool thanks for the confirmation!!

Yeh iv flashed the cards bios successfully and got the manual fan working... im gonna run all the benchmarks i have... then OC the card, run the benchmarks again and compare, then OC my i7 a bit more, then more benchmarks... i am under water so i will push it... :D

Hey sandy great results mate! :salute::rock:

Hopefully you'll be able to put that beast underwater and OC it. Apparently the xfx black edition hits 1000/1400 which will absolutely demolish any game out there (except maybe crappy optimized games.... i'm looking at you metro 2033 :temper:)

I'm afraid crysis 2 most likely won't have the same reputation as draining pc power as crysis 1 did. The reason: it's being released on consoles which means a $100 xbox will have to be able to run it. The freakin consoles are poisoning pc games. :(

i know goldboy how annoying is that, as good as consoles have been for the gaming industry they certainly have a negative inpact on high end graphics :(...still it will be a good game...certainly this 5970 should max it lol

hey sandy just realised that you have the orange xigis as well!!! :bday:

did you go for an orange theme?

I have 9 of those bad boys in my case and they look awesome.

btw what case do you have? mines the bx500

hey sandy just realised that you have the orange xigis as well!!! :bday:

did you go for an orange theme?

I have 9 of those bad boys in my case and they look awesome.

btw what case do you have? mines the bx500

Thanks for all your responses guys...

Yeh i love the look of the orange xigmatek fans... i wanted a better exhaust fan but the HAF932's exhaust fan is 140mm... and i saw that i could get the orange one in that size so i got it... its such a cool fan!!

Edit: Metro 2033 is unplayable maxed out... it looks really pretty but im guessing maybe 15 fps? I'll try it again and run FRAPS to get an fps reading...

Back