• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1333 FSB Mod, Confirmed To Be Working By Me.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yes I read the whole thread ;) there are a few different pieces of info though.

Seems like some people are using a conductive pen to connect 2 pins, and others are just taping over a single pin ?

Is this correct, will both mods acomplish the same goal (raising fsb)

simple piece of electrical tape over that one pin. This is all I did with a Intel DG33TL motherboard and the Q6600 Go. Temps do not raise to much, so the stock cooler would do just fine.

I didnt mod the qx9650. just overclocked it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizkiller
What happened to my post?

I think it was off topic unless you DID pad mod it. Did you?
I see, no i did not mod my qx9650. Maybe i'm in the wrong thread...... sorry

h1076.jpg%22

Attachments

• core 2 extreme piss on AMD.JPG
    core 2 extreme piss on AMD.JPG
    20.7 KB · Views: 7,842
Last edited:
OK, trying this q6600 MOD. here is the pics that i have to show...... will post more after test.

BTW: Its the 1 pin cover mod that is in this post.
it is on a evga 680i board

Attachments

• final mod.jpg
    final mod.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 28,653
Don't Gigabyte boards "ignore" pin/pad/bsel mods? I know I couldn't get my buddies 420 to go to 266.

laptop cpu's use another socket...with pins yuck. But why would you want to oc a laptop. isent cooling your food all the way through?

So no this wont work.

correct his mod wont work for mobile cpu... more importantly the pin layout for 479 changed. as are we talking a socket M or socket P cpu?

Whoa..... Got this to work........ No problem....... Kicked the FSB to 1333, and up to 3 GHz..... No problem. Runnin a little hotter, but running good!!!!

so i have this pentium d 930, which this mod is supposed to work on right ?, but the mobo that the 930 is in is an nf4 sli intel chipset, with no overclocking options at all... will this mod still work even if the nf4 chipset only supports a maximum fsb of 667mhz ? it should right, becvause the 930 hasa fsb of 800mhz and the fsb dram ratio is 6:10, swo it would just chqnge the ratio right ?

you can do this mod psy but if the cpu is 200mhz fsb. some other connections might be needed first. as this is meant to mod a cpu from 266 to 333 on the LGA775 socket.

oh i see...yeah figure that much, i knew about this mod before the posted :/, not only do you cover the pin he has displayed, but the right to its left as well...

Back