• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2.4B SL6RZ is the bomb!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
man you intel dudes are low vcore freaks. Ive read that snds is plausible only on 1.7+ vcore, but using LOWER vcore and still having chilling temps is crazy... just my .02, i would increase vcore until 1.675 any day if that gives me 3ghz

eaglescouter said:
Oh Darn! Mine is a Q.

Have not tried it yet, still acquiring parts for the 2nd machine. Oh well, I'll keep hoping that it will hit 3.2 Ghz.

Keep us updated on how the o/c goes. I have the Q SL6RZ too, but apparently my PC133 ram took me as far as it could go... 2.52Ghz @ 140Mhz. Until i get some DDR ram, I won't know how far my SL6RZ can reach with stock voltage.

PC133 ram LOLZ ur killing me ;) hurry up and get a DDR setup then u will really see power

AZN

melon_stunner
I had a friend look into this and he said the combo was $269
which combo did you get?

By the way great overclock.

melon_stunner said:
I just bought another 2.4B SL6RZ from Fry's for 159.99 with

motherboard and it rocks. When I put it in my machine I forgot to

change the FSB setting to default so it was set @ 170 and it

booted like nothing! Right now I am stress testing @ 3.04 ghz

(169 FSB) @ 1.50 volts. I am actually undervolting it right now!

WOOHOO! Today is the last day for the sale so I say everyone

get out and buy one!

Nice :) but almost all C1 stepping 2400 are running above 3000 Mhz, check the data base at OCAU, we have C1 running stable and aircooled at 3300 Mhz. I doubt this has anything to do with SL6RZ. Actually my first 2400 I got more than 8 motnhs ago, a B0 stepping was already close to 3000 Mhz. Since then I have used 4 other 2400, C1 and B0 they were all running aircooled between 3100 and 3240 Mhz.

Chainbolt,

Mine hit 3.42 ghz on 1.575 volts on air buddy!

3.42.JPG

:eek:

Check my sig too...I think this has a lot to do with the new SL6RZ's. I don't see any SL6EF's or BO's doing this much overclocking on this type of low voltage. Between my buddy and I we have 5 chips that all hit 3.2 ghz on less than 1.52 volts. BTW this screenshot was from the taken using the chip I sold to LastRide.

Last edited:
fritzman said:
CHAINBOLT...... with increased voltage to the cpu??? or default??

slightly increased, I think it was always between 1.60 and 1.65, but nothing insane. The 2400@3300 we have running at OCAU is at default voltage. I have lately seen so many 2400 C1 running 100% stable between 3000 and 3200 Mhz, that I am not all impressed by a 2400@3300 screenshot. I think everybody here is aware that there is a huge difference between a Sandra or WPCUID screenshot and "stability". I would not accept a claim without an ORB PCMark 2002 entry for the CPU bench. That at least is a test for minimum stability. :)

I have the feeling that the yields for all Northwoods "B" are getting better. Initially the 2400 was going up to 2800~3000 Mhz. And now we are at stable and aircooled 3000~3200 with recent C1 stepping 2400. The longer a design is production the better it gets, that is what we often see.

But ok, 3400 Mhz at default voltage is something :) Could run the PCMark 2002 (I know it's a silly test) and put the result in the ORB? That shows that the 3400 are at least at minimum stability.

Frys/Outpost

At the risk of displaying considerable ignorance, will Frys and its mail-order outlet, Outpost, tell you what stepping code you can have on a 2.4B before you place an order?

LastRide said:
I don't know why nobody is jumping on it for a guaranteed SL6RZ.To me its worth a few extra dollars for one.:)

$199 for an OEM 2.4B is $40 higher than Neweggs price. I wouldn't mind paying $10-$15 more for a chip that's almost gauranted to go past 3ghz, but I think $40 is on the high side.

I dont' blame Melon_Stunner for trying to make a profit, I'm just a cheapskate (like many of my fellow overclockers).

Im normally an AMD man myself (yeah I'm cheap)... but these chips are making an impression. Maybe if I see one online that I can snag... might have to slap a P4 system together.

I live in MD and as far as I know, theres no Fry's around here. So if anyone ever sees any of these SL6RZ's go for sale online, PLEASE post a link here!

Sweet OC's guys.

Back