• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2022 - What did you do today in the world of Crypto

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Bye, bye ETH mining. I haven't mined since April. Rigs are still in boxes, so I didn't get to witness my mining pool going dark.

I'll probably leave them in boxes for a few more weeks or months to see which coin steadily produces a profit.

Question for you miners: Do you think people will switch to other coins or will there soon be a flood of GPUs hitting the market because this is gone?

Yes, the switch and the flooding have already begun.

Last week many coins were profitable, now only a small handful are profitable. And those that are profitable are returning pennies per day.

The flood is happening, I am glad I sold off all that I wanted to sell but a 3060ti.

My profit calculations included reselling cards. Not many miners thought that way. They now sit on cards that may have earned them $50-200 the past 3 or 4 months while mining. Had they sold them earlier those cards may have returned more than the money they mined versus the value now.

I shut down all of my rigs on Friday. Gonna leave them off for the month of October and see what my electric bill does and make a determination when/if to turn them back on. My instinct tells me to continue to mine and HODL for the next Bull, but I need to run some numbers and determine if the gamble is worth it or not.

If it is cheaper to buy the coin, just buy it.

Back