• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2X 7600GS & asus P5N-E SLI problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
wow thats a pretty dang nice score!! maybe i should really look into gettin a 2nd 76gs !!! what are you clock speeds on them.. i would think your 3.2 c2d would/should have beat my 05 score. hummm thats intresting for sure

brakezone said:
Thanks alot for the help guys. It turned out the problem was Server 2K3. I found my WIN95 CD and was able to install XP. SLI works now and i'm gonna do some 3dmark05 benchmarks soon.

Great and glad it worked out.

Viper

The clocks on each vid card are stock speed 400/800. The CPU doesn't come into play much. As you can see, it actually gave less than a 400 point difference between 1.8ghz and 3.2 in the SLI benchmarks.

In real 3d applications the more powerful CPU makes a huge difference; however, the newer 3dmark benchmarks are designed to take the CPU out of it as much as possible. Since it would likely make even less a difference in single card mode, it indicates to me that the difference has to be because your card has 100mhz more on the core and memory. You have to think that i'm hardly even pushing this setup. The Cpu doesn't even go over 38C load.

I am kind of idly wondering in the back of my mind that with some serious tweaking if 10k could be broken. I mean say I tightened up the memory timings and added some memory voltage, overclocked it some, overclock the video cards, give the cpu some more voltage and speed.

im sure 10k can be hit
alright now put them at 500-900 and see what happends.. i am just really suprised

Well, I'm not really sure i wanna OC the cards.

I don't think i could clear 10k after thinking about it. Maybe 9000 is possible but I don't think its worth pushing the system.

I was playing GTR2 racing game and it was awsome, SLI was working and it really improved the performance. I had everything maxed out and highest AA setting the game application allowed.

thats really kool tho.. i am very excited about picking me up a nother one maybe i will do that tommaow.. or sometime this week 8)

Ocing in sli-mode has prooved to be somewhat troublesome. Also i'd be surprised to see a significant increase in performance without a voltmod of some kind. If i'm going to do that i'll have to upgrade the cooling and that means spending more money. I've been trying to just OC them a little to see how it effects the performance; however, in SLI mode changing the clock speed just a tiny bit messes up some settings. I'm thinking maybe I should flash both cards a few mhz higher.

My last graphics card was a 6800 vanilla that I voltmodded and put a zalman cooler on it, I got that thing up to 450/900 and after running it at that speed for awhile, it can no longer handle stock speeds/stock voltages. It still works really well though anywhere from 325-400mhz with a voltage bump.

Last edited:
Back