• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

7900GTO Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Here's my OC:

Company: MSI
Clocks: 680/800
Voltage: stock
Cooling: stock
BIOS: stock

Leaving it at 680/800. Very satisfied :D

Last edited:
Hey Dan just to let you know on my overclock everything is stock.

Just so I know, what is the 7900GTX Ram speed? My GPU overclock is damn good, but I have a feeling my memory isn't so great. :)

Dan - Report back on any volt mods you find. I would probably be interested myself although I think my system is fairly even right now and 700/800 is pretty good for the price I paid.

Neural Net said:
Hey Dan just to let you know on my overclock everything is stock.

Just so I know, what is the 7900GTX Ram speed? My GPU overclock is damn good, but I have a feeling my memory isn't so great. :)

800mhz is the stock GTX speed.

Yeah, your GPU is really a beast, but your memory should go higher. Have you tried higher mem. frequencies with the GPU at a lower speed, 700mhz for example?

@Nandro-

I'll do my best to find some easy vGPU mods. BTW, how are your 3dmark scores looking with your C2D? Just wanted to see how my new Opty compares :)

dan

Dan0512 said:
800mhz is the stock GTX speed.

Yeah, your GPU is really a beast, but your memory should go higher. Have you tried higher mem. frequencies with the GPU at a lower speed, 700mhz for example?

dan

Hey thanks, I'll try that tonight if I have time. :)

Nandro said:
My 3d03 with my C2D @ stock and 700/800 gpu is 26124 and 3d05 is 12122 What scores are you getting with the opty?

Well I haven't done much benchmarking with my Opty... since I'm not running benchmark drivers right now. But I recall that I got around 11.6k on a quick run in 05 with the card @715/800. or something like that.

I'm going to give the 91.47's a go, they've given me the best benchie results.

dan

I just got 6965 in 3d06 using all the tests up to deep freeze. Seems like a great score for the money spent. I am considering selling the P5B Deluxe and going with a i680 board and looking for another one down the line if the prices of the 8800 series dont come way down.

'cant believe it. There's no any nforce4 ultra socket939 board in shops. Theres just nforce4 sli (asus a8n32-sli deluxe) but its expensive for me and i dont intent to use two gto cards. They say socket939 is retiring from selling. Looks im stuck with nforce4. AM2 piece of crap :))))) im right behind u guys.........................:cry:

Dan0512 said:
With the 91.47's, I just hit 11969 on 05 with the card @ 715/850.

dan
good lord!:eek:
You almost topped Nandro with that score, and he has a c2d rig..
oc that e6600 Nandro! you will beat Dan!! :p
cheers mate! nice result there with that benchie/oc.
keep it up!

offtopic: i got the gto already next to me for a couple of weaks but i cant do crap with it...:cry: :cry:
o well, end of the month/year the rest of the parts are here and i will start oc that beast!!:mad: :santa:

I may just try those drivers, I am using the latest. Usually after NV gets all the speed reviews, their drivers tend to slow down a bit and get rid of the bugs they allowed so they could get speed crowns.

[SC]Ceasar said:
good lord!:eek:
You almost topped Nandro with that score, and he has a c2d rig..
oc that e6600 Nandro! you will beat Dan!! :p
cheers mate! nice result there with that benchie/oc.
keep it up!

Hehe, don't underestimate the power of the Opteron (or is it don't underestimate the power of a stock C2D :burn: )

I could get 3 ghz out of my CPU, but I'd need a heavier chunk of aluminium to cool it.

dam

Just did '06 @ 750/850, got 6750. Damn, I want to break 7K!

I might get 100 points if I clock it to 730/860, and maybe another 50 if I run the Opty @ 2.9 ghz...

BTW, has anyone tried the V-mod?

dan

I'll OC my c2d when I get a chance to put my big typhoon on. Right now it has the OCZ cooler which is a little better than stock and not doing a great job. I was used to my Ultra 120 on my D805, but it wouldnt fit in the Antec 900 case which has killer airflow BTW. I'll change drivers and see if I can get a bit more out of her.

Just out of curiosity, whats faster the 7950 GT or the 7900 GTO? I hd to get a card for my other rig to replace a 7800GTX I sold and seeing no GTO's being sold anymore and the great prices on the 7950's, I got one. Just wondering which I should keep in my main rig.

Back