• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8150 temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
so should i ignore the throttling? i would like 4.4 ghz if possible

The 9xx series have a power draw based throttling ontop of the termal control. Unless your manufacturer has a bios that allows disabling "AMD APM" or Application Power Management theres not really anything you can do about it. Dropping the CPU blow the limit where it starts throttling will actually raise system performance during times of heavy usage compared to letting it throttle.

I may have been having the same problem.
i cut a big 4 inch hole in my motherboard mounting brackets and used cardboard to duct a lot of my front intake fan air under themotherboards of both of my machines to the bottom of the cpu socket and this has raised my temp overhead and allows me to run above 4200 with out socket temp problems.
I hope this helps out.

The 9xx series have a power draw based throttling ontop of the termal control. Unless your manufacturer has a bios that allows disabling "AMD APM" or Application Power Management theres not really anything you can do about it. Dropping the CPU blow the limit where it starts throttling will actually raise system performance during times of heavy usage compared to letting it throttle.

APM is disabled

wow their support is really slow
any suggestions?
is it because of 4+1 power phase
the fatal1ty has 12+2 power phase and has success with the fx-8150
however, the box says "ready for amd 8-core" and 8150 is the first 8 core by amd

Last edited:
the latest overdrive...i found something, when I leave everything stock in the BIOS, I don't pass memtest, it freezes, same thing when I select profile 1, however before I put in the fx, when I had the sempron, it would pass memory test

I decided to test because it would fail blend in p95

Last edited:
well here is my temp i run a h100 but with only 2 fans and they are always on low and this is my 24/7 overclock,,with this setup any more vcore and it will overheat and i don't want the system to be noisy,,

1 hour with y-cruncher yc does heat components more then p95 does in my tests
76029110.jpg

with out either I could run mine up to about any thing I wanted. when i roasted mine it was on a fresh, reformat and having never connected to the internet, 5.5 ghz with a tiny water cooler and it never throttled like it was doing after i had installed aod.

notice something in qatars screenshot? no amd overdrive!!!!!!!
I started with aod 404, and had no issues, used 405 beta, had no issues, used 405 POST BETA and on came my throttleing. HHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, makes me wonder if amd slipped us all a micky.

Last edited:
HHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, makes me wonder if amd slipped us all a micky.

Good catch. Nothing would surprise me. However they just might have it sensitive enough to show what is going on.

PowerNow and TurboBoost are like politicians. They say opposite things depending on the audience. You have PowerNow looking to boost Cpu Mhz based on Temps it sees and then TurboBoost is trying to boost Cpu Mhz based on current draw that approaches TDP. BUT the boost also has the reverse in that the Mhz is dropped when seeing Temp or TDP being approached. So the two are wrestling with each other. Who really knows what the heck is going on.

what about it failing blend test

Last edited:
dli7319,

I see you are running 4 sticks of ram with 4 gb for a total of 16 gb. Correct. That can overload the ICM of the CPU, especially when overclocking. Also, please post pics of CPU-z tabs: "CPU", "Memory" and "SPD". That will give us tons of valuable information.

Two more questions: What is your CPUNB voltage set to and what is ram voltage set to?

Last edited:
i'm not overclocked, ill worry about that later
i left everything (overclock wise) in bios as auto including Cool an' Quiet, C1E, Turbo..
I put memory on profile 1 which is 1.5 volts 9-9-9-24 2t and ddr3-1600
edit: here is a picture at 1333
Untitled.png

Last edited:
Back