• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8150 temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
memtest86+ still freezes but blend runs fine (only tested 11 minutes)
i ran it from different usb ports and flash drives
also memtest86+ reads cas as 4-5-5-18 which is off by a lot
any further suggestions (please don't suggest removing memory because my family member's 1055t runs 16gb fine on a gigabyte 880g board)

Last edited:
well the list has some corsair ddr3-1600 xms3 modules with a different heat-spreaders but i don't think it is relevant
no, my specific memory isn't on the list

memtest86+ still freezes but blend runs fine (only tested 11 minutes)
i ran it from different usb ports and flash drives
also memtest86+ reads cas as 4-5-5-18 which is off by a lot
any further suggestions (don't suggest removing memory because my family member's 1055t runs 16gb fine on a gigabyte 880g board)

You have a different CPU than your family member. Not all 1055t's will be equal and your memory is different and your motherboard is different. These components work together dynamically and will behave differently in concert with different components. Personally, I think something is wrong with your memory subsystem. It could be a weak IMC, a bad memory module or a bad memory slot on the board. But you seem unwilling to explore that any further so I have nothing else to say. I will spend my time helping those who are open to being helped.

i just don't want to run in 8gb because a much cheaper build (with a much cheaper cpu) can run in 16gb fine which seems sort of weard to and i doubt it is the module or slot because i ran it with a spare sempron and a spare 8 gb (along with sempron) but whatever, ill just jack up the cpu-nb voltage and see if that fixes it

Personally, I have found that what I want to be so and what is so aren't necessarily the same.

well it depends on what want, for example : if I want to be alive right now, that want is the same as what is so however if I wish (enter someone alive here) is dead, then that would be true but most wants are not true because people neglect what is so

I'm going to to test with my known good ddr3 1333 then throw the sempron back in, if a $40 CPU can handle 16gb at 1600 then the 8150 is defective

Last edited:
So did you try running 16 gb of the 1600 mhz ram with 1.25 volts on the CPUNB yet? 8 gigs seems to have been stable from what your said after upping the CPUNB voltage. If you run the ram at 1600 mhz you will probably need to manually relax the timings because 1600 mhz is the XMP profile speed and the "Auto" in bios may not know how to configure it correctly. Giving the ram a small bump from 1.5 to 1.55 volts may also help when in XMP mode. XMP is the "extreme" or "extended" profile for memory. What it really means is that the memory is at heart 1333 ram that will run (on some systems) at 1600 with relaxed timings and a little extra voltage. Most 1600 mhz ram is marketed this way.

yes, it fails
I swapped gpu,CPU, and memory
now for power supply and I hope it isn't the mobo because that will be a pain in the ***

But what you don't know is if one of your four ram sticks is bad or if one of your four slots is bad. You'd need to be willing to test each of both of those one at a time to really rule that out.

But what you don't know is if one of your four ram sticks is bad or if one of your four slots is bad. You'd need to be willing to test each of both of those one at a time to really rule that out.

U R correct there. From what I could understand his is just like a few more we have seen in that the configuration does not even pass Prime95 with what the board calls default settings. Much less XMP ram profiles or overclocked.

Until he gets serious about troubleshooting the ram which seems failing, then I imagine he will just keep running in place.

I believe the motherboard is bad, the ram (both 8 gb 1333 and 16 gb 1600) I have tested and they passed before (when I just built the PC); the chances of all the sticks going bad or both imcs going bad are rare

I believe the motherboard is bad, the ram (both 8 gb 1333 and 16 gb 1600) I have tested and they passed before (when I just built the PC); the chances of all the sticks going bad or both imcs going bad are rare

Time to contact the seller or the motherboard manufacturer and setup an RMA then. The Seller only if the purchase date was less than 30 days ago generally and then the board manufacturer.

NOTE: ASRock is on holiday for the Chinese New Year until Monday. They should again begin business as usual on Monday.

well in the mean time I'm going to see how high I can push a 45w sempron 145 on a nhd14 I haven't bothered overclocking a low end CPU on a high end cooler yet
edit: I didn't rma the board, I pulled the cmos battery instead of clearing cmos (which doesn't clear everything) and it is fine now

Last edited:

It would have been helpful if you had communicated that a while back in the thread.

Bumped for relevance:

Could any of you folks recommend what offset to use for Coretemp on the FX-8150? Cheers

Bumped for relevance:

Could any of you folks recommend what offset to use for Coretemp on the FX-8150? Cheers

Bumped for relevance? I don't remember anyone in this thread speaking to offsets for use of CoreTemp with FX series in this thread. In fact I don't believe many of us here in this forum use any offset for CoreTemp when using FX processor. Maybe something will turn-up with search of the forum. Maybe CoreTemp has something in their FAQ. Sorry. :confused:

Back