• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7V333 Owners please LOOK!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MDA

Could those owners of the A7V333 raid/non raid please let me know their FSB overclocks and what type of graphics card and cpu combination they are running. I cant seem to get my fsb above 177 before i get lock ups and am trying to eliminate the offending hardware.

Much appreciated.

MDA.

I have the non-raid with the cpu and video card in my sig, but I'm only at 147 so I don't know if that helps.

umm, ur OC has a lot mor to do with the stepping of your cpu and quality/speed of your ram. For instance I got a cprappy xp1800+ with kickass samsung orig pc2700 and cant get past 145 having rock solid and 150 usable. other specs in sig:

I've gotten my RAM up to 206FSB and the cpu running @ 1963mhz.

Hope this gives you a good reference point.

9x206%20%3D%201854mhz.jpg

url]

Last edited:
My 1800+ sucks wind at anything higher than 141 fsb, needs to be unlocked, just haven't cared to do it yet. My old 1.4 tbird let me get up to 175 fsb on the same setup. I believe it's the pci bus that messes up the oc'ing since once you go higher than 141 it increases from 35 to 36mhz, same thing happens around 175 or so it is propably the nic or sound card stopping me and possibly you from getting a higher fsb.

I believe it's the pci bus that messes up the oc'ing since once you go higher than 141 it increases from 35 to 36mhz, same thing happens around 175 or so it is propably the nic or sound card stopping me and possibly you from getting a higher fsb. [/B]

Thats exactly where I hang-up , I can't get above 141 fsb under any circumstances...

if u cant get over 140-150fsb thats due to locked chips most likley.
you might have reached the fsb limit of the chip @177
i can get 180fsb max outa mine.my ram ive run at 186 using the 4:5 ratio so i know its my chip dieing.

i run mine at 11X to run 180fsb btw.
i do wonder if H20 cooling will help or not also.
i dont think these tbreds are upto the high fsb as much as the palominos.but its just a matter of a few stepping revisions.i do remember the 333fsb chips werent doing much higher than 180 also.so kinda does fit the senario.

Using the non raid version of the board with the vid card in my sig I get 190fsb and my cpu at 1710. Remember my friend a little unlocking goes a long way when you want to boost your system's performance.

Back