• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD prices drops cross the board

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
KillrBuckeye said:
They are? :confused: Seems to me that DDR1 prices bottomed out over a year ago when you could pick up a 1 GB dual channel kit for $70 shipped. Now it's amazing if you can find a kit like this for less than $80 shipped. I know because I've been looking to pick up some cheap stuff to build another 939 rig. DDR2 is less expensive at this point, and I don't see DDR1 dropping in price much more because supplies will be diminishing.

1gb for $70? jesus thats cheap. I paid over 100 quid in January for a Corsair 1gb CAS 2 kit :rolleyes:

fordsierra4x4 said:
1gb for $70? jesus thats cheap. I paid over 100 quid in January for a Corsair 1gb CAS 2 kit :rolleyes:
Yep, it sure was. I just pulled up a Newegg invoice from an order I placed when I built my father-in-law's rig last November. I paid $72 with free shipping for a 2x512MB kit of Corsair VS PC3200. The same kit is now going for $86 shipped. There is no doubt that prices for DDR1, at least for the cheapest stuff, have been on the rise.

fordsierra4x4 said:
Aaah the value select. Thats why then :D
Bah, memory is memory for these A64 rigs, unless you're into benching :D. It may seem odd that I preach about value RAM for A64 systems, yet I have a $180 set of Ballistix in my sig. That's only because it was a gift :p . But it turns out that I actually needed fast memory because the dividers in my mobo don't work with my Venice chip. I consider it a rare case though.

KillrBuckeye said:
Bah, memory is memory for these A64 rigs, unless you're into benching :D. It may seem odd that I preach about value RAM for A64 systems, yet I have a $180 set of Ballistix in my sig. That's only because it was a gift :p . But it turns out that I actually needed fast memory because the dividers in my mobo don't work with my Venice chip. I consider it a rare case though.

Sure sure - we believe you ;) :rolleyes: :bday:

KillrBuckeye said:

Show him that 1:1 overclock and maybe he'll buy that story ;) :D

KillrBuckeye said:
They are? :confused: Seems to me that DDR1 prices bottomed out over a year ago when you could pick up a 1 GB dual channel kit for $70 shipped. Now it's amazing if you can find a kit like this for less than $80 shipped. I know because I've been looking to pick up some cheap stuff to build another 939 rig. DDR2 is less expensive at this point, and I don't see DDR1 dropping in price much more because supplies will be diminishing.

The value stuff was bottom of the barrel anyway. I'm referring to both the retail and second-hand market. It is now that people are getting rid of their superb DC kits at throw away prices. One look at the classifieds will tell you that premium GSKill TCCD and vintage BH5 is selling for $100 a set. You just have to look in the right places ;)

Super Nade said:
The value stuff was bottom of the barrel anyway. I'm referring to both the retail and second-hand market. It is now that people are getting rid of their superb DC kits at throw away prices. One look at the classifieds will tell you that premium GSKill TCCD and vintage BH5 is selling for $100 a set. You just have to look in the right places ;)
Okay I see what you guys are saying. But it doesn't help me as I'm looking for bargains on cheap stuff! I don't need any TCCD or vintage BH5 for a spare rig that I will probably just use as a fileserver! ;)

KillrBuckeye said:
Okay I see what you guys are saying. But it doesn't help me as I'm looking for bargains on cheap stuff! I don't need any TCCD or vintage BH5 for a spare rig that I will probably just use as a fileserver! ;)
Lucky you, the BH5 and TCCD in the second hand market (good quality!) costs as much as brand new value stuff. :D

Edit*

I am sick of watching players dive intentionally (watching the world cup ATM). Damn cheats. :mad:

Here ya go!
Scroll down and look for the Corsair 2Gb kit.
TwinX2048-3200 consists of a matched pair of CMX1024-3200 memory modules. This memory kit was developed specifically for graphics applications that require large memory arrays. It offers an unprecedented combination of high speed and high density. TWINX memory kits are designed to provide the ultimate in performance and stability in dual channel boards. These parts have been verified to operate at DDR400 (200 MHz at 3-4-4-8) in a dual-channel motherboard.

How to get this deal:
  1. Click here to go to ZipZoomFly.com Price Comparisons
  2. Click on ZipZoomFly.com and Add to Shopping cart for $178
  3. -$50 Mail-in Rebate (Exp 06/21/2006)
  4. Final Price : $178 - $50 = $128 + Free Shipping + No Tax in most states

http://deals2buy.com/

Those prices are amazing.

Then again at least my CPU retains its vaule (being 1mb caches) :) To bad it doesn't OC better but then again selling my Opty 170 for a X2 3800+ after price cut might not be a bad bargin make a little money and fill my urge to buy a new CPU lol.

@ Kai,

Check your pm...if you are in the UK..then prices aren't that bad for dualcores in europe... 3800+ sells for ~200 euro..that's around 130 GBP...

3800 X2 is still 200 quid everywhere i look. thats about 300 euro's or $380 You must be looking at the single core 3800+

Checked Komplett, Overclockers, Scan, eBuyer. All the same prices.

hey, check the link in the pm I send you..it's a dutch pricewatch..3800+ dualcore, ~200 euro...I'm in the same boat as you are..but I think I just wait a lil longer..I think they may come down even more...

Well i did look, and you're correct, its 197 euro for a dualcore. *BUT* thats the tray version - no good to me. The box version is 277.90 euro. Plus - of the retailers i checked, none will ship outside the mainland EU or even outside holland... :/

Back