• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Official AMD Ryzen 3 Vermeer (4***/5***) Rumors and Discussion Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
5800x .... sorry it was a crazy busy day ill fix my typo. Funny one happened to fall into my truck tonight as well.

16075541452104273684978218571606.jpg

Toronto stores were stocked Friday Ottawa was stocked Monday and kingston today, they always seem to be last.

AGESA 1.1.9.0 is out. I'm not sure what it really gives but it's worth to check. At least my ASUS and MSI motherboards already have it listed as beta BIOS. CHVIII Impact has 31.01 BIOS, looks like they care about this mobo ;)

Updates list from CHVIII Impact:
Improved system compatibility
Updated AGESA code to ComboV2PI 1190
Updated graphical firmware
Improved RAID function
Improved system performance

MSI has nothing in description.

Thanks for the update Bart, will wait to make sure it's stable and see what (if any) improvements are made

AMD promised AGESA which improves memory overclocking and performance. However, they said that before Ryzen 5k premiere and I have no idea if it was already added to the previous AGESA and simply gives nothing or we still have to wait. In January supposed to be a new AGESA for 400 series chipsets and new CPU support like these CPUs without X. I'm not sure if it wasn't already introduced as my ASUS had on the list "new CPU support" but it's not listed anywhere what models they mean. On the CPU support page for ASUS 500 series motherboards, there is nothing new. All this is a bit weird.

I got lazy in the last days. I wasn't even starting my test rig for a week. Maybe before the weekend, I will check the new BIOS on MSI X570 Unify as the current one is pretty bad anyway.

Last edited:
I was testing AGESA 1190 on MSI X570 Unify and I see no problems with stability or anything else. On the other hand, I see no difference at all. Test results are about the same, overclocking is the same. My rig doesn't even boot at DDR4-3866+ 1:1 with IF/IMC so it's exactly the same as before.

I wonder if you have any experience with SAM. At least in 3D benchmarks on MSI, when SAM is enabled then I get the same or worse results. No idea if it's a matter of BIOS or something else. Various reviews are showing anything between slightly worse results and up to 10%+ performance gain.

SAM seems to depend wildly on the game being tested and settings. I'd GUESS the more vram a game uses and accesses, if it's a lot and more frequent, SAM will show its worth more.

SAM seems to depend wildly on the game being tested and settings. I'd GUESS the more vram a game uses and accesses, if it's a lot and more frequent, SAM will show its worth more.

I cannot remember where I watched a video on it. But From what I can remember, the more cpu demanding the situation the more performance SAM can give. So you will see more performance gained at 1080p vs 4K for example. Anything from 10-15% more frames at 1080 vs 1-2% at 4K. But also if the game is fairly cpu demanding, such as assassins creed you will see more benefit there (assassins creed loves AMD as well though so could be an outlier).

I still think the technology isn’t implemented fully or fully understood by everyone yet. I hope it matures though, especially with Nvidia opening the tech up to users too.

Afaik SAM doesn't depend on any software or drivers. It just helps in loading times/loading data like additional cache so the more data is in use, the more it helps. I was mostly testing it in benchmarks which are not using a lot of data so this is probably why there is barely any difference. There was an article on TPU about it and there are some results in %. I just wanted to ask if anyone has any experience other than some articles from the web. I understand that not many forum users have graphics cards that can use SAM.

AC reacts well at all settings as I see. In AC Valhalla at 1080p/Ultra High, I have 132FPS without SAM and 154FPS with SAM enabled. At 2560x1440/Ultra High there is 106FPS without SAM and 122FPS with SAM enabled. So it's quite big difference at all settings.
It's just that benchmarks like 3DMarks, Superposition, FFXV and some others are not showing any difference or results are slightly worse. I have to retest some more on new BIOS as there could be some changes.

My local Microcenter in Fairfax VA claims to have 21 Ryzen 9 5900X CPUs in stock for $549.99. That's at 10 AM we'll see how long they last.

They’re starting to stay in stock in the U.K. now, more and more. The 5600x is very close to Msrp now (still overpriced at that) and you can often see the other SKUs if you do some quick searching. Looks like it won’t be long until stock is at a good level on the CPUs. Just hope the gpus follow close behind.

OMG, I would have loved to pick up a 5900x for that price last week! Instead I got a 3950x for $649.

OMG, I would have loved to pick up a 5900x for that price last week! Instead I got a 3950x for $649.

Well your did get MOAR Cores! Whether you actually need them or not is unknown to me. :cheers:

MSI released AGESA 1.2.0.0 for X570 Unify (and probably other boards) so you can expect updates for other brands too. As usual, there is almost no info on what it changes.

Asrock has a new Bata Bios as well 2.91 i believe. I don't have allot of time on it but seems solid so far.

I only wonder when will be promised memory clock/IMC improvements as we wait from before the premiere of Ryzen 5000 and so far they only fix instabilities and other issues. I guess we will see Ryzen 5k refresh faster.

I guess it will be mentioned soon. Something about Threadripper Pro is out and new workstation motherboards from some brands (mostly professional series). AMD delayed some premieres, including Threadrippers, RX6700/XT, and some more by 2-3 months so we just have to wait.

I guess it will be mentioned soon. Something about Threadripper Pro is out and new workstation motherboards from some brands (mostly professional series). AMD delayed some premieres, including Threadrippers, RX6700/XT, and some more by 2-3 months so we just have to wait.

Oof I love those Threadripper pro boards. Very minimalist. Wonder if they support non-pro Threadrippers.

Back