• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE AMD Ryzen 9 3900X and Ryzen 7 3700X CPU Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I've only been on the x370 boards, I don't remember seeing a RAM Ratio or NB frequency manipulator. Did something change with the latest boards or am I just getting old?

You probably won't see it unless you have the updated BIOS and a Matisse CPU

This is the TL;DR to my earlier question. LOL

AnimeMania's Reddit link said:
If you have DDR4-3200C16 or something, be chill. You're good. You might be 1% off from "best."

Hi guys!

First of all - thank you for the great review.

So, can any owner of a "Async BCLK" mobo share some first results for BCLK OC? I see you @bignazpwns have Aorus X470 G7...

Any C7h or Taichi owner with the new Ryzen onboard and stable system? :D

Il do more bclk over clocking on it.

Not liking the die placement so I got some offset am4 mounts I modeled up as well as one for my block that should get the cpu cores more centered to the block. See if that helps with temps. Going to print them up with my SLA printer. When I finish them.

I see the Asus X370 Prime Pro now has the new CPUs listed on its compatibility page, with the bios dated 1st July. No mention of AGESA version. I could move the 3600 into that on the weekend and see if it does better than the B450 mobo for ram support. Unless there is another update for the B450 to try before then...

Edit: I might have spending problem... just ordered a 3700X and also 4x16GB of ram. Kinda decided I'm not going to build a new system around X570 which means I can get different stuff I don't need :D

Last edited:
I'll try more blck overclocking. My 1700x and 2700x could only hit 101.8 on this board. So I don't know if I be able to hit higher with this 3900x. I'm trying out some pbo on here since that worked really well with the 2700x and I'm messing with some undervolting. And it seems the 3900x is responding really well to undervolting.

Edit: I might have spending problem... just ordered a 3700X and also 4x16GB of ram. Kinda decided I'm not going to build a new system around X570 which means I can get different stuff I don't need :D

I think that's pretty restrained, just getting a budget $330 8C/16T CPU. If you really had a spending problem, you'd have ordered the 12C/24T 3900K for $499. :screwy:

So i can definitely get more bclk outta my 3900x then i could with my 2700x and 1700x same system. Just started but running 102 is rock solid stable. Something that my 1700x and 2700x couldn't even post at.

Are you OCing via baseclock to maximize your RAM OC?

Yeah I'm going to start messing with that. I might pull out 2 sticks and just go for 16 gigs. I know with my 2700x my rgb pro 3000 ran at 3600. And 3332 with 4 sticks. So I'll see how far I can get the ram. I'm just playing with stuff at this point. I know I can hit 4.5 on all 12 cores with still some left in the tank. But ac went out so my room is about 85 so I'm not going to try and see how much the cpu has left. Maybe 4.55? I don't think I'll hit 4.6 but who knows.

I'll start really playing with the ram this weekend. My MSI x570 godlike came in so I'm gonna play around with the 3900x on the x470 more before I switch out the Mobo.

That's impressive as nearly all youtube reviewers are having trouble hitting 4.3Ghz and have settled on 4.2Ghz for the most part. Very very impressive. Can you bench anything at that clock?

Most reviewers have no idea what are they doing. I bet that we will see more good results on the OCF than in most reviews.

Yeah 4.5 is stable and I can bench. Can boot at 4.6 but crashes when I run benchmarks. I'll run some benchmarks soon. AC went out in my house so it's about 92 in my room and boots over 100 with the PC on.

Another guy I know confirmed his is stable at 4.4 on his 3900x . They came from the microcenter in Madison heights Michigan. So looking like they got some good one's

Can you detail what stable means (app used and for how long)? Just curious if it is bench stable or '24/7' stable.

Yeah 4.5 is stable and I can bench. Can boot at 4.6 but crashes when I run benchmarks. I'll run some benchmarks soon. AC went out in my house so it's about 92 in my room and boots over 100 with the PC on.

Another guy I know confirmed his is stable at 4.4 on his 3900x . They came from the microcenter in Madison heights Michigan. So looking like they got some good one's

Try running Cinebench R20, I thought I was stable using AIDA and P95 blend but that benchmark crashed the system to desktop with a black screen/power issue

Try running Cinebench R20, I thought I was stable using AIDA and P95 blend but that benchmark crashed the system to desktop with a black screen/power issue

4.5 I'm stable on cinabench r20. Didn't save the runs because I didn't have my memory oc worked out. Been trying to get that ram better since I only have 3000 and I got 4 dimm's. If I pull 2 out I can I can hit 3600 with it. So soon as my ac gets fixed I'll run a bunch of benchmarks.

Back