• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Anyone in Portland, OR?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
I'll be in Portland for the week of 21 -25 March. I'll be staying near the Oregon Convention Center. I'll probably go to the science museum and other tourist attractions around that area. I'd be happy to meet anyone and share a beer or two or three or....

Man I'd like that, that's around my birthday, the 23rd, would be an awesome way to celebrate. Portland's just close enough to tempt me, just far enough to know I can't do it... or shouldn't... but could try lol. In any case I'll think on it, but probably not happening though I wish it could. In any case have a great time in Portland, lovely city.

Keeping in mind that my drinking time is during the day and I'll be looking at several of the museums in between drinks, I think that I will leave with a great memory of the city and state.

200 6-packs? 200 x 6 = 1200 beers. Times 12 oz = 14,400 ounces of delicious beer.

Now take my weight...
add in my height...
carry the one....
divide by the time...

Yeah. That's about right. Did you calculate that or was it just a good guess? ;)

Well, I drank 1 beer. I also had 3 scotch on the rocks which the bartender admonished me for. He said that when people order the cheap stuff (which I did) it comes on ice and I don't have to ask for it. Mind you we were downtown, next to blocks of boarded up and/or closed 7/11 stores. Fancy in a seedy place. We spoke at length with a recovering heroin addict (currently recovered and working) who informed us that they had just moved the homeless tents about a month ago.

Portland was adventurous. Lots of homeless everywhere which gave an aire of sadness, depression, anxiety, etc. It also had lots of neat places too.

I walked everywhere and if you saw how fat my gut is and the fact that my double chin has a double chin, you'd be right in wondering how I lived the walk. I went to the museum of science and industry and toured the sub. Listened to the guide tell a group of grade schoolers that in the bunks there is "No yanky no stanky." or something very similar. That was fun. I also used poor judgment and flipped a switch that turned out to be connected to a sound file of ballist tanks purging. I shouldn't have stopped at the Electric Lettuce shop prior to walking over.

I also went to the Train Heritage museum. They had about a half dozen train locomotives. It was cool. I also went to the Pittock mansion and walked around. Neat place with some reallyl great views of the city. The walk up the mountain nearly killed me but it was worth it.

The wife and I ate at several great places. Each night after her work stuff we would get on the train and try something new. We also spent Saturday at the market place, Japanese garden and walked the horticultural trails. Long day that was. Saw giant redwoods and spruces, etc. We even did a ghost tour which talked a lot about the shanghigh tunnels.

All in all, lots of fun and excitement.

Back