• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Blacker Stacker.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ok that is a kickass nice looking case. you just spray painted it and thats all. how many fans do you have? thats a nice looking case. if i gets too hot will the paint melt? tell me the steps. i want that case. O have a question about water cooling. If i plan on getting a coolermaster case, does the mobo have to support the cooling or is it the power supply. I dont really know much about cooling. can you tell me the basics. thanks for you help.

WeezleXX89 said:
ok that is a kickass nice looking case. you just spray painted it and thats all. how many fans do you have? thats a nice looking case. if i gets too hot will the paint melt? tell me the steps. i want that case. O have a question about water cooling. If i plan on getting a coolermaster case, does the mobo have to support the cooling or is it the power supply. I dont really know much about cooling. can you tell me the basics. thanks for you help.

HAHAHA! No. The paint won't melt. One of the ways to quickly cure paint is to bake the finish on in an oven, so no, you won't ever have a risk of paint melting. Paint doesn't melt anyway. Not only that, but the only time a computer case would get that hot, would be in a fire. One power supply can do everything. Just make sure you have a decent/beefy PSU to power everything. I'm running a 600Watt Silverstone modular PSU to power 7 120mm fans, 1 80mm fan, my pump, GPU, CPU/MB, 2 Hard drives, and CD-ROM. Then there's my external Firewire DVD burner and my cellphone which even charges off of USB.

WeezleXX89 said:

For me the Cooler Master Stacker was the only case that fit my needs.
Yes I spray painted the case and side panels. I used Epoxy enamel spray paint. The paint I used takes a long time to cure, like 24 hours, but the finish was worth the wait and it's a durable finish as well. It's the kind of finish that you would find on a file cabinet, that the closest I can think of.
If you do want to get the case, the best price I have found is @ http://www.svc.com/promotions.html I have bought a lot of parts from them over the years and never had a problem.
As far as the steps to painting look at the stickys and ask those who know better than me, honestly I winged it and got lucky.
Now on to the other question about water cooling, read all this (http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=356038) and get back to me. I'm not trying to be rude to you but you need to read before you ask so you can make informed questions.
The power supply is just that, a power supply, not the motherboard. The mobo feeds from the power supply and so does everything else.
If you dont know much about cooling in general you should also read (http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=287576) and then (http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=70679http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=70679)
once you have read all that you will be much more informed.

Last edited:
thanks rig rider i just bought one of those stackers myself.I hope its all thats its suppose to be thanks again for the link

im def doing this to the inside and back of my lexa, i need to switch some water cooling around anyways

and i own at spray paint, i really need not explain
Picture001.jpg
small, didnt want to hijack

ive worked with all brands, but may i asked which paint you used, i know its high gloss, or semi...
i might go laqer on mine :)

Last edited:
gocartman2 said:
im def doing this to the inside and back of my lexa, i need to switch some water cooling around anyways

and i own at spray paint, i really need not explain
Picture001.jpg
small, didnt want to hijack

ive worked with all brands, but may i asked which paint you used, i know its high gloss, or semi...
i might go laqer on mine :)
Ace Epoxy Enamel was the brand I used.

Senater_Cache said:
rust-oleum professional high perf enamel gloss black will own all paints short of montana or molotov.
gave a clear coated-like finish after 2 coats!

Might have to try that on my next case since I have about 3 cans sitting in the garage from blacking out little things on my sisters car when we painted it.

hey rig rider, when youpainted the mobo tray, did you mask off the thread-holes for the standoffs?
im worried that layingon a big coat with them opened, that they will clog and my standoffs will get stuck or not even fully screw in.

watcha do?

um just my opinion but, you dont have to paint the tray or atleast the screw holes ur gonna use, its gonna be covered by the mobo, but all u do is, roll up little bits of tape and stick them in the holes

Senater_Cache said:
hey rig rider, when youpainted the mobo tray, did you mask off the thread-holes for the standoffs?
im worried that layingon a big coat with them opened, that they will clog and my standoffs will get stuck or not even fully screw in.

watcha do?
I just screwed old standoffs in from the back and went paint happy. Let the paint cure before removing them.

This makes me sad that I settled like you for a regular stacker instead of looking harder for the black stacker. Maybe i will take on the challange and paint mine too. Nice Case:clap:

Back