• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Choice Please help.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kemosabe89

Been a long while from my last post. but got a quicky.

Corsair CX750M vs EVGA Supernova Nex750B.

Which should I get and why? Build is as listed.

Well, for me the CX is a known solid unit, although a lot lower end than I like to buy.... I tend to use efficient power supplies as otherwise I feel bad about using inefficient AMD processors.... ;)

Well it does.come witb a 3 year wafdeny vs my old ultra with a 30day warrenty. And its semi modular. Evga i dont know much bout it

Whether modular is a benefit or not really comes down to your case. I've had modular PSU's and found that the cabling always ended up untidier than those with fixed cables. Fixed cables I just stuff around behind the mainboard tray.

I think the main reason is that with PSU's with fixed cabling, the cables all come out at one point on the PSU. With modular, they're spread out over one side of the PSU. Makes things look messy.

Well. Modular looks 100% better thn my non modular. Cuz the cables are full black and its not a pain to put the back pannel back on.

And that i choose the wrong hobby. Computers are expensive and i see how some can spend 100-200 for a psu but the wife said "50~70 on a psu and 350 on a gpu is my limit." Good thing the CX750M was on sell. Lets see if the r9 290 or 780 drop in price soon. Or a nVidia 800 series comes soon.

Why do you need a 750W PSU? Huge overkill dude. For the rig in your system a quality 500W PSU will do the job no worries at all.

My system is a way bigger power hog than yours, check out the PSU choice. Even my 550W is overkill for the system I have. A quality 400 or 450W unit would power my rig no worries at all. I just don't like going under 500W is all. Stupid but true.

Why use bullets for a war when you got nukes? Cuz i rather have it now then buy a good 500w and when i get 2 770s or 870s still have to buy another. I plan ahead which is why i built a custom computer

Back