• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA 1000GQ Psu

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
This is some BS....they need to replace the PSU. We all understand how manufacturers think. You didn't buy a PSU to test, you bought it to run your rig for many yrs. (F$$K)evga, tell them to eat your butt. :LOL:Send a new PSU with the same watts and make sure it works this time:mad:
I hate it I've always liked EVGA's stuff. They're my go-to for video cards

Here we go:
Thank you for reporting back with your clarification. We only ask because the GQ PSU has no compatibility with other power supplies, so if the GA cables were used it would explain what happened here. While we are unsure what is going on with this unit to cause the same issue in your system, we would be happy to assist in getting a replacement. I know for an RMA on a PSU you would not send in the cables, I would say for this one go ahead and send in the PSU and the cables with the next RMA so both can be extensively tested to determine what is going on here. We can also provide a prepaid shipping label to avoid shipping costs. In order to mark the RMA for the replacement cables we would need to submit the RMA on our end.

Ok so we ship back the replacement and this time they want my cables. Shipping back on their dime. I'm just gonna buy a new psu as I don't hold any hope for the next replacement they send.

Depends on the unit. If it's another GQ, then no. If it's a different model, then I might just test it out.

Well, 2 GQ units with the same exact issue, I would doubt that has changed with the 3rd unit, but I'll take you on. :p

On a side note the rep stated I would get a pre-paid shipping label so I don't have to pay for return shipping. However those numnuts sent me a shipping label and it shows this:

" The above label is for processing purposes ONLY. You are still required to pay for shipping the defective product to EVGA" :mad:

I just emailed them about that. I ain't paying chit to ship this junkbox back. They better get this right.

If it happens a third time, I'd wonder why all systems similar to yours or some that use more power aren't choking on it.

Lol, what is that wording? Lol

If it happens a third time, I'd wonder why all systems similar to yours or some that use more power aren't choking on it.

Lol, what is that wording? Lol
Like Chitty Chitty Bang Bang? :ROFLMAO:

Seriously I don't get why that GQ psu doesn't play nice with my rig. What I'm leaning towards is the transient spikes my 3080 lets loose and the GQ cannot or designed, not to be able to handle them. It's the only good guess I can come up with. I lack the measuring tools needed to be accurate. So this is my "I guesso" :ROFLMAO: The 850GA and the 1000GQ both display on my wattchamacallit 600w max draw from the wall.

Poor build quality or chitty sub-standard parts for this particular model. Maybe I'm an isolated case and just got 2 bad ones on the draw :shrug:

My son is already wanting his pc back. I told him his pc's sacrifice will allow another pc to live. He's happy about that :rofl:

I am a bit surprised that you went with EVGA. I thought my Corsair comments would have swayed you. Next time I will put a little more pressure on you. Come on man, everyone is doing Corsair. One PSU won't hurt you, you don't know what you're missing until you try it.

I am surprised they didn't just send you some cables. If that is the true issue that would be the cheapest route to go.

I will put my money on that you get a NIB PSU from them. Good chance it is the same series.

I was looking at others, sheeesh! No, seriously I was checking out Seasonic & Corsair. I snagged this one because it's a Seasonic build oem. That price for platinum was just cream cheeeeeze :beer:Yeah I know, but they do have a sweet dealio on a wicked unit. Small price to pay I 'spoze.

And yes I did find a real nice corsair RM850x, but the Evga was still the better deal.

Yeah Joe sez I'mma get another GQ also.

Welp, it's a confirmed kill. Dam EVGA shipped out another 1000GQ model psu. I dunno what I'm going to do with it. Maybe take it to the range and put a full holes in it while a record it and then send the video to EVGA's RMA department :mad::mad:

Joe, I'm not going to waste my time swapping PSU's to test another GQ unit.

Lol, i guess we'll never know.

Was it a new unit this time? Did they test yours to be faulty with the cables? What did they say??! Also, did you clarify they were paying for shipping both ways? More information please...much anger... little info, lol.

Last edited:
:ROFLMAO:, ok, this is the nitty thus far:

Recieved emails from UPS & EVGA.
Got shipping digits from said package via UPS Ground
Check email from EVGA. States replacement shipped out
Does NOT state New, Used or Refurb
Does show SN and Model number of unit

That is all

Nebs, I'm not sure what more EVGA could have done. They are shipping another replacement since the last one was apparently defective, and they are doing it at no cost to you. I understand it's a major PITA to go through all of this but I don't see how they could have done better (aside from not sending you a defective unit obviously). At this point we aren't sure if the new one they're shipping is NIB and it's not like they are going to upgrade you to a Platinum or better model. No company does that.

I'm just trying to figure out what they could have done in your eyes to make this right. I get you're frustrated with the whole thing but it seems to me you had you mind set to not be satisfied right from the start.

Maybe I'm just misreading this.

Blay, I luvs ya man, for real :ROFLMAO: The point is that they shipped out another GQ POS unit instead of something else is what I am miffed about. They ignored my whole explanation and issue I was having with 2 identical GQ junkboxens. I would think they (Evga) would say "Don't ship out another GQ, ship out instead a different Gold unit". Hell i was running on an 850 GA and my rig was running fine. Have no clue why they didn't take that into account. A lesser wattaged Gold unit was running my rig fine, but 2 GQ 1k units cannot.

That's what would have done right in my eyes :thup:

Back