• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Computer locks with screeching sound in speakers.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Not too common to send stuff to a new member, sorry.

Tell us your ambient room temps, your idle temps, your load testing methods and what you use to monitor temps. If your not sure, reading 20-30 posts in this forum and the cooling forum will really open your eyes and you can start to learn the hardware basics. It's your stuff, you have the issues, you need to fix them with our help. Become informed.

Here's an update :

The guy that looked at my PC told me one of my fans was on backwards, there was barely any thermal paste left on my CPU and one of my RAM sticks isn't working, so I believe the problem was probably a mix of overheating and a bad stick.

That'll definitely do it. It was locking because of the overheating most likely, and the RAM just happens sometimes.

Good thing RAM is extremely cheap nowadays!

He's gonna give me back the computer tomorrow and I'll find out if the problem has been solved, but I think that definitely has to be what was causing it.

Back