• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU Loop Work Log

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
nope, hopfully ill be able to do all this with out having to modify my case at all, i just spent $240 on it, dont really want to go drilling holes in it, nawww meaaannn

and the calbles i cheated :)
418YyK9AL0L._SL500_AA300_.jpg
41pbCvij9SL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
31myyl4l3ZL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

mind giving me a link to were you got those?
and that seals the deal i am buying the HAF x over the new haf 932 with the black int

wow those are cheap and they are extensions!!! i need those to put the power connectors behind the case thanks for the link.

you got it!

hey, look how a green zip tie looks in my case with all the Blue LEDs, it practically glows, i hope the green that im going to use in my loop has the same effect. thatd be nice:

ziptie-1.jpg

and this is where the res is going, except it wont be mounted with zip ties, as much as i really really didnt want to drill holes in my new HAF X case, it looks like im going to have to, so this is where its going to be, except its going to be a little higher.

radplacement.jpg

so i took a second look and i am a really good problem solver, so i took a step back and looked around and dug through my tool boxes and i think i may have found an alternative solution..

i have this tape, its 3M 4011...

tape.jpg

and i mounted the res with it, and i think it will do the job, it takes kind of a lot of force to get it off... maybe i will go to the hard ware store tomorrow and look to see if they have 3M 4010

mountedres.jpg

hmm, i think this tape will work, here i put almost 60 AA batteries on top of it and it holds it just fine, probably been holding it up now for about 5 minutes.

resbatteries.jpg

ressideon.jpg

Last edited:
hey thanks for the kind words :)

this is the first time ive ever done a water loop, so im taking my time, planning each step out and making sure i do everything to the best of my abilities so i get it done right the first time and dont have any headaches later on. so far so good! :D

Have you used that tape before? As in:how does it last over time? Cause the last thing you want is to wake up and find that you forgot to turn you computer off, the tape lost its stick and the res fell and spilled water all over your hardware.

nope never used it before, im going to keep it in there untill i do everything then see how its holding the res. the package of the tape said its used to mount lettering on houses, mounting mirrors, picture frames. its recommended uses were pretty impressive

Double sided tape and velcro are highly shunned for mounting purposes.

It's isn't all pro and stuff.

They really are good stuff. More need to consider them as a viable option.

Erm...conumdrum, I'm PRETTY sure you just hit both ends of the spectrum in that post...

DS tape and Velcro are usually booed due to people using the dirt cheap foamy stuff that loses its stick after awhile in heated areas.

IIRC you are using the auto grade DS tape which short of a bad application or a dirty/greasy/wet area it was applied to will hold without issue.

Everything has a con if you use the dirt cheap MEH it works for NOW mentality.

Use quality parts,quality tape and apply coorectly and it will have minimal issues if any.

Back