• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dolk's Research

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Not sure if this is useful but heres my best superpi 1m score. Seems to beat all of yours lol, nb would have been at 2200 in that pic, cpu voltage 1.55 and cpu-nb at 1.35. Was also done with my vendetta 2. I did another run and got 17.800 but locked up and rebooted as i was saving the pic :( Also done in 64bit win7.
pi17830.jpg

That is an amazing feet I'm not going to lie. I don't think I ever got my computer stable at 3.8ghz on W7 yet.

That is an amazing feet I'm not going to lie. I don't think I ever got my computer stable at 3.8ghz on W7 yet.

I'd say it's not too stable if it locked up running SuperPi :) but that's still a nice run on air

ya im just running it at stock speeds and timings, took me forever to even get it into windows though, and when i tried to do it again to do a run of 32m, i couldnt get in again :(. Im considering dual booting a 32bit os and seeing how that goes but thatll be for next weekend.
And these were by no means stable, i ran p95 after the tests and anything over 3.7 would crash in about 5 seconds of a blend test.

Think some better quality 1066mhz ram would be better for ocing?

well im pretty sure i saw somewhere that this ram can run at 4-4-4-15 at 800mhz, but ive really got no clue which options to change in the bios to do that

And to every research there is a paper written about the research.

Check my sig for help on your RAM.

I had to join just to reply to this thread!
First and fore most:

Dolk, You Ruuuuuuuule for your PII posts!!:beer:

2nd, I've been at 4.0 GHz windows environment, Win7 64-bit, but I can't push enough vcore (my PSU holds me I think) to get it stable. But I do have CPU-z proof in my sig. And ALL thanks to your guide. Your hours upon hours of work, and skills with Excel are much appreciated! I was stuck at 3.4, found your guide, and jacked up my HTT to 2.6 got it stable, and presto 3.6 rock solid!

But, on to my question (there had to be one right?) I can enter windows at 4.0 Ghz like I said @ 1.6 vcore, but...anything over 3.764 Ghz absolutely will not go stable! :bang head I've tried multi only, FSB with low multi/high multi. Your guide has gotten me this far, but now I'm at a road block! Or hertz block! My board is an Nvidia chipset, but is AM3, could this be my problem?

I know people are hitting 3.8 on 1.55 vcore, I've gone all the way up to 1.6 :eek: vcore with no joy. My last (or first) would be my PSU. I have 8+2 Power management, the motherboard wants 600 watts, and I only have 550watts over 3 rails. I don't get error codes, and most of the time I don't even get bsod, just black out and reboot, which makes me think my PSU just can't push enough juice over that rail. I noticed that my PSU fan gets faster and faster and usually within 100 RPM of it's max, the system bites the dust.

Any few words would be appreciated, I'd hate to start a new post for someone to drop a one liner "yep, get a bigger PSU"

Thanks again,
Jason

Vista 64bit
Processor: 940BE CACVC AC 0851APMW
Motherboard: DFI DK UT 790FXB M2RSH 01/16/2009 bios
Bus speed: 200
Multi: 19.5
Voltage: 1.472
NB: 2400
NB Voltage: 1.3
Memory Speed: 1066
Memory Timings: 5-5-5-16-2T

3.9.jpg

Reckon I can go a fair bit higher than that yet. Hoping to hit 4.0 to 4.1, but we will see.
Got some cooler weather coming soon.

Last edited:
:welcome: to OCF! Nice clock! :)

Not to be picky but "HT Link" is not equal to "FSB". Your HT Link speed is shown in CPU-Z as 1800 MHz (= 9x at your given clock speed). ;)

AMD's haven't had a FSB since before s939. Speaking of which, very nice clocks on the Opty 165 - what's the second one run? I managed 2900 on my two ...

:welcome: to OCF! Nice clock! :)
Thank you :).

Not to be picky but "HT Link" is not equal to "FSB". Your HT Link speed is shown in CPU-Z as 1800 MHz (= 9x at your given clock speed). ;)
Edited :). It was just a format being used at another forum I frequent.
AMD's haven't had a FSB since before s939. Speaking of which, very nice clocks on the Opty 165 - what's the second one run? I managed 2900 on my two ...
Had the first 165 up to 3150 (there is a post of mine in the Opty thread here) and reckon it will go higher, but I don't have it under water anymore. Will run stable at 2850, stock vcore :).
2nd 165 I got to 2700 before heat put a stop to it.

Quite I still call HT FSB because I'm old school and I can do so ;)

@ Jasonwuzthere: Happy to see that you have gotten to the 4.0ghz wall, its a nice view up there. There are two things that I can only say: 1 don't OC past 3.8ghz while in a 64bit environment. I've found it to be way to much of a hassle if you are trying to go above 4.0ghz. 2nd, most likely it is your cooling not your power, or could be your RAM. Once you are up there, its now time for you to play with your settings. You should have gotten a nice feel for what worked and what didn't in the 3.0ghz range. Research can only get people so far, and then its up to them to manipulate what they have learned to get better at what they do.

In internet age I would be considered 70 due to experience, but in real life I'm only 20...

Quite you make me sound older then I am.

Back